“Better than I thought” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Better than I thought”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having stayed at Best Westerns and not expecting more than a clean room this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were large, clean with a fireplace. Drinks in the lobby and a nice breakfast included. Pool area was very nice and there is free laundry facilities. Across the street from Whole Foods market and within walking distance to Sonoma Plaza for shopping and eating.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
KendallC929, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear strawberryden,

I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations It pleases me to know that you enjoyed our breakfast, location and added amenities. I truly hope that you will stay with again and look forward to having you return as out guest!

Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Finnish first
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a lovely 2-night stay at this hotel! Our room was very clean, spacious and had a fireplace, with one log provided each night. We were greeted warmly at check-in, and Lisa at the front desk was very helpful with suggestions for dinner in town, as well as suggestions for wineries to visit. We were in a first-floor room right next to the lobby, which I was afraid would be noisy, but that was never an issue, and the location made bringing our luggage in and out of the room really easy, with parking right by the room. There is a separate sink area outside the bathroom, with a small refrigerator under the vanity, and a magnifying mirror on the wall, which is always a nice touch. The ice machine was a little far from the room, and the dining room for breakfast is in another building, but those were minor inconveniences. The hotel is in a great location for walking to the town square with shops and restaurants, and I'd recommend the Red Grape for a nice, casual dinner. I'd be happy to stay here again, and would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Room Tip: I'd suggest asking for a room with a door to the inner courtyard, which was a really pretty sett...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KendallC929, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Beth W,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a nice experience at check in and Lisa was so helpful and friendly. She is a great team member and we are very happy to have her. The Red Grape really is a local Gem and never fails to give consistently good service and great food! I am also glad you enjoyed our amenities and location. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the near future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I took my wife and daughter to California for vacation and one of the stops was at Sonoma. We stayed one night and did check in on May 13th. Upon arrival to the front desk the lady didn't even smile (in hotel, restaurants, etc. that always means that something is not right) and I told her I was there for check in. I told her that I have a kid and that I will need a crib. She said they don't have cribs but something similar but it has a fee. I then asked her if the room has 2 beds and she said "yes". At that point I told her "OK either of us can sleep with the baby". She never showed interest for helping us and I was still waiting for the courteous smile. Before leaving I asked her where can we smoke as we are social smoker. Her answer was "no you can not smoke in the hotel" and I reply saying "I know, my question is WHERE" and then she pointed with the finger saying back there toward the Krug Event Center. OK I left. I told my wife about the crib and you can imagine how a mom will feel like. My wife went inside and in few minutes she came back and told me that we have a crib. My wife told me that the manager was present and after my wife asked that "why you charge for a crib?" the manager said "NO, its free" Oh well. Now after all we decided to go and put our stuffs in the room. We had a stroller with the bottom part full of things and the baby sleeping, and our room was in the second floor. For my surprise there is no elevator. But we made it happen. I would definitely recommend this hotel for couple without kids. The hotel location is super great, The room was old but well kept with a nice view to the court yard and the breakfast was delicious. We had a good night there and beside having the plaza within 5 minutes walk, this hotel also has a CVS and Whole Foods crossing the street which was a plus for baby supplies and/or needs. The hotel was quiet in the night and they have free ample parking. The lady in the breakfast room was very friendly though.

Room Tip: If you have kids I definitely recommend to use the first floor as they don't have elevators. As...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmortis
KendallC929, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear jmortis
Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry to hear about your check in experience and the unfriendly service you received. That is absolutely not up to the standard of service we strive to provide. I did some investigating and learned that the person who checked you in was a trainee that was with for a very brief period of time. This does not excuse your experience here however I do hope that this would encourage to you give our hotel another try should you choose to return to Sonoma.
I was pleased to hear that you did enjoy the hotel, its amenities and our location and I thank you again for taking the time to write a review and giving us a nice recommendation.

Jericho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very nice Best Western! Conveniently located a 3 minute walk to Sonoma Plaza where there are restaurants and shops. The hotel is clean and the rooms well appointed (our room had a fireplace!). Free parking right outside your door. Free breakfast was sufficient (pancakes, eggs, breakfast meats, pastries/breads- enough variety to find something for everyone). The breakfast area could use some more seating- it was fine for us coming in early, but I could see it being an issue during peak hours. Fridge in rooms is helpful for storing snacks/beverages. Hot tub and pool are a nice touch (though we didn't get to take a dip). Free wine tastings offered daily in the courtyard. Water and iced tea available in the lobby. (FYI Sonoma is a quiet little town and shops/restaurants close early- wish we had known that because everything was shutting down when we finally checked in after tastings at the vineyards all day!)

Room Tip: There is a pool/hot tub in the courtyard which was pretty noisy during the late afternoon with child...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KendallC929, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed out hotel and its amenities. Our wood burning fireplaces are a great addition to our rooms and we are so pleased that our guests our able to relax in front of afire after a long day exploring Sonoma. I sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for three nights to attend a friend's wedding in Sonoma and this hotel was a great choice for me. The hotel is in an excellent location about a block from the square and within walking distance of attractions and restaurants. The room itself was huge with a comfortable king bed, a mini fridge, free wifi, and a bath/shower with good water pressure. Breakfast was free and featured free coffee, tea, toast, and yogurt. While it was nothing special, being able to grab quick food before heading out to explore the region was a nice convenience. The hotel does not have a restaurant onsite, but there is shopping center across the street that has a Whole Foods and other quick, inexpensive restaurants if you're just looking for something to grab and bring back to the room. What this hotel lacks in atmosphere (the decor is pretty hotel/motel standard) and charm, it makes up for with convenience, cleanliness, and friendly service. While it is pricey considering what you get, when you factor in the location and the prices of other places in the area, this hotel does represent good value and I would recommend it for people who need a good place to sleep at a non-exorbitant price.

Room Tip: This hotel has two levels and is motel-style, so if you have accessibility issues, it would be more...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear dcdeportesfan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review! We truly strive to offer our guests an experience that provides comfort, cleanliness, convenience and competitive rates.

We always feel very gratified to know that our guests have enjoyed staying with us.
Thank you again and have a wonderful summer!

Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center is a comfortable, affordable, and clean hotel within short walking distance of the main dining and shopping in the city of Sonoma. This is a great property for families, as it has a heated salt water pool, hot tub, and steam room. A decent breakfast is served in the mornings, that caters to all tastes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rskier05,
Thank you very much! I am pleased to hear that our hotel, its location and amenities worked so well for you. We feel very proud of our property and are very fortunate for our great location and appreciate when our guests take the time to give us a review as nice as this one.
I very much hope that you will visit Sonoma again and I look forward to having you stay with us here at the Sonoma Valley Inn.
Metro NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We chose this hotel during the "Northern CA/Wine country" leg of our California road trip. It suited our needs perfectly; proximity to locations of interest (Napa/Sonoma attractions, Santa Rosa, etc.). The included hot breakfast is hearty and offers something for everyone (the automatic pancake maker is fascinating...I'd never seen one before). You have to walk outside and across a parking lot to get it, but it's not a huge deal - at least it wasn't to us. The first morning of our stay there was one room where the breakfast was served and not enough tables, so many people ended up eating outside during peak times (and it was chilly) or taking food back to their rooms. The second morning they had opened up a wall partition so that there was plenty of indoor space to eat, which was good that they were paying attention and making adjustments. Accommodations are decent and comfortable, which is really all you need because you're most likely not coming to hang out in your hotel room all day with so much to do and see! The fireplace was a cute little surprise; we used it the second night of our stay. We went to an AWESOME restaurant called Cafe la Haye for dinner one night; highly recommended. Oh, and there's a Whole Foods across the street as part of a little outdoor mall. Definitely a great thing! For the category below I chose "friends" but it was actually a trip with my mom (who is my friend, but a different kind of friend than my social friends).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KendallC929, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Globetrotter71,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a kind review of your experience while at our property.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We offer many options for our guests for all of our guests and we are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy it.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your room. Our fireplaces are great additions that will make any evening even cozier!
I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy our location. Our location is perfect for visiting the Historic Plaza, and also across the street from Whole Foods. Perfect for a convenience!
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Kendall Comfort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#4 of 11 in Sonoma
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!