“Enjoy Your Stay while in Wine Country”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Groton,Ma, United States
“Enjoy Your Stay while in Wine Country”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I enjoyed the surroundings and the relaxed atmosphere while staying at the hotel. The location was right in downtown. It was easily accessible to a lot of points of interest. Many restaurants were within walking distance. I would definitely go back to this hotel. I thought having a fire place in the room was really unique.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Michael T,
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and explore all that the Sonoma Plaza has to offer while you were here.
I sincerely hope that when you return to Sonoma you will choose to stay with us again.
Kendall Comfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Finnish first
Humble, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This Best western was at a wonderful location in Sonoma, California. Across the street from a shopping center and across the other way from the town center (square). Free breakfast and internet was a big plus. The hotel was older but everything in it was very nice. Hotel staff was very nice.

Dear Brenda B,
Thank you for sharing the experience you had while staying at our property. I am glad to hear that our location worked well for you. Just steps from the Plaza and the Whole Foods Shopping Center is convenient and perfect for our guests.
We offer a large variety of items for our complimentary breakfast and I am glad that you enjoyed it. We are a family owned property that has been lucky enough to be here for many years, and we constantly upgrade our rooms and property. We are going to be making many more upgrades in our near future and I hope that you will stay with us again soon to enjoy these exciting changes.
Best Regards,
Bay Area
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My Family and I had to go for a funeral and picked the Best Western to stay. Loved it! We had our sons which are grown. And thought 2 queen beds aren't not going to cut it. So I called and let them know the perdictment and asked for a bigger room. The front desk ladies were pleasant and upgraded us to a room that was larger and comfy and so so nice!! Made our trip so much more easy and Pleasant. Thank you! Room was Awesome!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear 2crofty,
Thank you for your review. Although I am sorry for the reason that you had to come, I am glad that the room that you stayed in was spacious and comfortable. My staff and I take great pride in providing the best service possible, and I am delighted to hear that you had this experience. We offer upgrades whenever possible and I am glad to hear that we had the opportunity to do this for you.
I hope that you will be able to come back to Sonoma and stay with us again.
Best regards,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Going to Sonoma on a budget can be difficult but this hotel was a great find. Not fancy but reasonably priced, clean rooms, and the location cant be beat as it is 1 block from downtown Sonoma and withingwalking distance of everything. Hotel offers free breakfast, hot tub, sauna, laundry, etc.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireplaces! Room right above lobby doesnt have one but is a larger room than some of...
Dear LittleCristy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and property. Our location is ideal for visiting the Sonoma Valley and I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed it.
I hope that you were also able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and our pool and garden area, complete with a hot tub, heated salt water pool and steam room.
We hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future.
Best regards,
Lake Oswego
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wow-what a gem! Staff was great, room was spacious with a balcony and a fireplace. We also enjoyed the included breakfast. The bed was down comforter and soft pillow-great!
We booked on Hotwire and got a great rate, which made the stay that much better! Right around the corner to sonoma square.
The breakfast room had some fliers with 2 for one wine tastings, which we enjoyed at St. Clement and BV.

1 Thank Jpowers
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Jpowers,

Thank you for your nice review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It makes me very happy that you had a nice all around experience with us. I very much hope that you will choose our property again in the future.

Best Regards,
Woodacre, California, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We paid additional to stay in their "suites." The suites are located past the back parking lot - farthest from the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was full of kids. The additional $ paid for the fireplace was not available since it was a no-burn day; this is CA, no burn days are common - should have gas logs instead of a non-available fireplace. The breakfast muffins are cold and fruit was warm. If I had it to do all over, I would chose a standard room, bottom floor - facing pool (has a cute patio). Save your money - the suites are located horribly, do not have their own hot tub - you have to go to the standard room area to use the pool. Forget any plans of using the hot tub unless you love children and yellow foamy water.

Dear Kim S,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that when you stayed with us it happened to be a no burn day. It is state enforced and unfortunately we don’t have any control over this. We have many guests who really enjoy the wood burning fireplaces and the ambiance they offer.
I am confused as to which room you stayed as all of our suites do have a Jacuzzi tubs large enough for two people that are located inside each room. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy this amenity. I am also sorry to hear that you did not like the breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve our complimentary breakfast to enhance the guest experience.

Thanks again.
San Rafael, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ok, we had higher expectations based upon reviews, so even knowing it was just a Best Western, our visit was a bit disappointing. The buildings are older, and though they have made some efforts to update them and the grounds, all seemed a bit "worn". - were looking forward to the fireplace in the room, but it was a Duraflame, which gave us a pretty wimpy 12 inch wide fire, for about an hour. First floor room was rather dark - though the little patio area was nice. We chose this motel based on the reasonable room rate/location in Sonoma, so I guess we got what we paid for.

Dear Sam M,

We take pride in our service , property and positive guest experiences and I am so sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. We are about start some major upgrade projects to include, updating our landscaping ( unfortunately we have had a very dry winter with cold nights that has been hard on our plants) new carpeting , painting and new bathroom vanities with granite countertops. I hope that you will give us another chance so that we can not only meet but hopefully exceed your expectations.

Kendall Comfort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!