“Sonoma Valley Inn”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The room in general was very comfortable. Nice large TV with good selection of channels for viewing. Hotel is within walking distance from downtown area shops. We enjoyed our stay and will return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Henry M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

In a recent stay we had a pleasant time at this hotel. It was clean with a large room and comfortable bed. It was well used but not tattered. Breakfast was mediocre. Coffee was mediocre. Room was dark and whole time I felt as though I was in a cave but there's not a lot the hotel could do about the positioning of the room. When we return to Sonoma, we will probably look for something nicer, but that's not to say we would be miserable to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear NancyR,
Thank you for your review. I always appreciate guests taking the time to share their experience with us.
We are having some upgrades done to the hotel this winter. All of the rooms are getting new vanities and granite counter tops as well as new carpet and draperies. Secondly we are putting new lampshades in the rooms that should allow for better lighting. These shades have a bigger opening on the top which should reflect more light back down into the rooms.
We are always in the ongoing process of trying to find ways and product to make the breakfast and the coffee better. If perhaps you might be willing to give us another try when you return to Sonoma, please feel free to contact me directly at kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com
Kendall

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We traveled to Sonoma in October 2013 and were delighted by our accommodations. The hotel is convenient to the center of town and is located right across from a Whole Foods Market and CVS store.
The front desk staff, housekeeping staff and maintenance staff are friendly and approachable.
The laundry room onsite is free to hotel guests which is a major plus if staying for a week or so. There are coined dispensers for laundry detergent and fabric softeners but I brought my own, so this was one convenience that was a huge plus
Our room was clean and roomy and they accept pets which is another major plus for us since we travel with our dog.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear elleb333,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is convenient and I am glad that it worked well for you. I am delighted to hear that my staff was friendly and approachable.
I am glad to hear that you utilized our complimentary guest laundry facility. It is a helpful amenity that we are happy to offer.
I am glad to hear that you brought your pet with you. We love to have pets in our Inn and we love to meet them also! We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon and please don’t hesitate to bring your furry friend as well!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was a last-minute decision to visit Sonoma so there was little choice of where to stay. I thought the hotel was pricey for a mid-week night. However, having said that, the location was great & all staff were efficient, friendly & helpful. The room was a really good size, nicely furnished & very comfortable. It even had a fireplace, which we used. Our request for a quiet room was met, despite the hotel being busy. The bed was very comfy. Good bathroom too. Breakfast was better than average, with plenty of choice. There was plenty of parking. The pool was small but clean & heated to a nice temperature. Would definitely return here if we visit Sonoma again. We were so very glad we stayed here & not in one of the historic hotels in the plaza, which we saw as we strolled around the town.

Dear Deeba A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a delightful review of our property. I am happy to hear that you like your room and that your request for a quiet location was met. We make every attempt to ensure a comfortable experience for all of our guests.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, as we offer many choices for all of our guests. Thank you again for your wonderful review of your experience while staying with us. We value our return customers and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed four days at this hotel. Hotel is conveniently located to the town square and many restaurants. Whole Foods and CVS is located across the street from the hotel when restaurant food becomes tedious. Friendly efficient staff. Parking spaces are wide enough for most vehicles and keep you from banging your car door on the next car. Free washers and dryers. However, the continental breakfasts are boring. The free cardboard waffles/pancakes, bulk cereals and fatty muffins make you visit local restaurants. You would think Best Western would come up with new menu items. However, would stay at this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor for a quitter experience.
1  Thank efeierabend1

Dear Nevermind2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our property. Your input is valuable to us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property and that our staff was efficient. Our customer’s experiences and interactions with our guests are very important.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We try to offer a large variety of items including fresh fruit, gluten free options, eggs and oatmeal to name a few. I apologize that you did not like what was offered but we hope to see you here again soon. We value our return guests and would love to have you stay here on your next trip to the wine country. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you don’t mind plastic cups and packaged breakfast this hotel has a great location and nice rooms. However for a pricetag of 200+ usd we expect something more. We did arrive after 10pm, there were not many rooms left in town and the room was larger than most… but still. The service in the reception were very nice – service at breakfast not existing. The location is convenient in the middle of Sonoma city (do not expect views of the wine). We recommend restaurant Della Santina’s Trattoria. Free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina P
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Tina P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am happy to hear that the room was large, the location was convenient and my staff was pleasant. I am sorry to hear that you felt the breakfast was packages, as we receive fresh pastries, fruit and we have a pancake maker that cooks pancakes right in front of you. I am very sorry to hear that the breakfast staff was not present. We are in the process of training our breakfast staff and I hope that you will consider staying with us again. We strive to give our guests an excellent experience and we value your feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our 3rd stay in four years. In discussing the deterioration of the hotel, I said to my wife it had been two years and she replied "they haven't cleaned it since then". The public walkways were grimy, the carpeting was beat, the bed sagged in the middle, the room was in need of paint and general repair.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary B
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Gary B,
I am very sorry that you felt this way about our property. We are in the process of replacing the carpeting and bedding. I am sorry to hear that you encountered this problem and it will be handled immediately. Could you please contact me directly so that we can address this particular room? You can email me at kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com. We hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I would appreciate any feedback that you will share with me.