“Location, Location”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
New York City, New York
“Location, Location”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed for just one night here and it was a great choice for a visit to Sonoma. The room was very large, fairly basic decor, clean. Checkin required a wait but the staff were very friendly. Morning breakfast didn't look particularly appetizing but turned out to be okay. The location was perfect for walking to dinner and exploring the town the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rose D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us during your visit to Sonoma County in January. We appreciate your taking the time to mention our great staff and location. We're glad that breakfast was a pleasant surprise.

Again, thank you for taking the time to mention us. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you this way.

All best,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Finnish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The breakfast is not what I am accustomed too at a BW. Only hot items were pancakes and waffles. I am used to having some kind of egg choice (scrambled or hard boiled) and some type of breakfast meat. Also, chairs in the room were NOT comfortable. I was looking forward to sitting in front of the fire at the end of the day. (Some King rooms have a fireplace) A straight backed chair (think dinning table chair) does not allow for this. Also, I am light sensitive and the shutter blinds on window did not block outside lighting/flood lights. Glad I brought eye shades! This BW is very close to the plaza and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We value our customers' opinions as we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves.

We are sorry you felt our breakfast was sub-standard compared to other Best Western's. Actually our complimentary continental breakfast meets or exceeds the standards required by Best Western. We offer an array of items such as fresh waffles, pancakes, two types of breads and bagels with an assortment of jam and other condiments, yogurts, coffee, juice, boiled eggs, milk and three different selection of cereals including breakfast sandwiches for those guest who wish to have a hot item.

We are always striving to improve our breakfast and room set up and hope to have an improved breakfast room by the end of next year.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Gilroy, California, USA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to this Best Western for the first part of our honeymoon and we enjoyed our stay there. Good location. Great value. Friendly staff. Food within walking distance! Would surely consider staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Carlos, California
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We love the BW Sonoma Valley Inn. The location is amazing and walking distance to everything . They have a best little courtyard and pool area to relax in after a day on the town. Great prices, clean rooms, good customer service and continental breakfast! We love the hot tub, steamroom and tranquility.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kendal J
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was our first stay in Sonoma. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The sitting area outside was beautiful and also very clean. There is a hot tub and pool, as well as a sauna. The staff were very welcoming and eager to help. The hotel is located walking distance to several wonderful restaurants and specialty shops. There are several wine tasting rooms also walking distance to the hotel. However, some of the vineyards are a little bit of a drive from the area. I will 100% stay at this hotel on my return trip to Sonoma!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rose D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We value our customer’s opinions and we know we’ve done our jobs when our guests leave happy.

It was gratifying to read your nice comments about our guest rooms, the hotel facilities and our helpful staff. That is great that you were able to enjoy the shops and restaurant which are just a short walk away.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Sonoma. The area has so much to offer visitors and we do hope you come back to stay with us again soon.

All best,

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here several times when we were house-hunting in Sonoma; always clean, always comfortable; friendly, helpful staff; a dog-friendly venue; great complete breakfast in a separate dining room; and best of all, LOCATION-- close enough to walk to the Plaza, a shopping mall across the street w/amenities, Black Bear diner, easy access to many many wineries and tasting rooms. In short, you can stay in Sonoma comfortably without spending a fortune... If we didn't now own a house in the area, we would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, you'll stay in a ground-floor room. There's also a dog path in the back, w...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a review of an interaction I had wtih the reservations group for the hotel.

I had a groupon for the hotel and it required that I call and make the reservation over the phone. When I called to make a reservation I was told that there were no rooms available on weekends for the groupon but I could call back after the groupon book by period was over and use the cost of the groupon as a voucher towards a reservation. The person was nice and helpful and gave me some tips on how to use the groupon.

When I called a second time after the book by period for the groupon was over, I spoke to a person who said she was the Rervations Manager and that her name was Nikki. She told me that they hotel had extended thebook by period for the groupon and I would have to wait a few more months to make a reservation if I wanted to use the groupon as a voucher towards a reservation. In addition, I had until the end of the year to use the voucher.

None of the information that she gave me matched the fine print on the groupon. When I tried to get more information from her to figure out my options, she became rude, dismmissive and patronizing. For every question I tried to ask, she gave me the same answer. She kept repeating the same information over and over again and would not answer my questions or try to help me.

Not once did I get a 'sorry for the inconvience' or 'let's figure out a way to help you' which you would might expect from a manager. Anyhoo, I ended up calling groupon and they refunded my money so no big deal. I'm more annoyed over how rude Nikki the Reservations Manager was to me than not being able to use the groupon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rose D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Samantha,

First let me apologize for my delay in responding to this review. I did not receive it until a few days ago. I am very sorry to hear about your experience when you called the hotel. This was our first time doing a Groupon promotion and the upside of it being so successful, was that it was also overwhelming. I don’t want to make excuses, but we were unclear on some of the provisions, which we have ultimately sorted out.

Guest service is important to us and I am sorry that we did not take care of your needs satisfactorily and wish that you and I had the opportunity to speak during this process.
We would like the opportunity to make this up to you and I hope you will contact me here at the hotel to discuss this.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!