This is a very comfortable, very quiet hotel situated a couple of blocks for the historical center of town but on a relatively quiet street. Located across the street is a shopping strip with a Whole Foods, pharmacy, and several places to shop or eat.
We stayed for 3 nights before Christmas in a room with 2 queen beds. The beds were very comfy and we had plenty of pillows (we tossed the 2 large ones and the bolster on the floor). The room was large enough for the 2 beds a smaller desk, a side table and a couple of chairs. The fireplace was terrific although we had to ask for a log the first night. There is a nice balcony facing the inner courtyard. We did have some noise from the hot tub (which we also used) but that quieted down by 10 PM. All in all, the room more than met our expectations. One of the best I've been in this year and better than some Best Western Plus hotels.
The entrance to the rooms is on the outside of the building so it can be noisy when guests walk by with luggage or loud children. Also, it was raining when we were there and the walkways were quite slippery.
Breakfast as in the conference center and due to the rain, was a bit inconvenient as it was past the overflow parking lot at the rear of the complex. I didn't like the large tables as it meant you couldn't eat in your small group if it was crowded. The food was standard fare (waffles, cereals, bagels, etc) but also with yogurt and premade breakfast sandwiches (the kind you heat in the microwave). We had to ask for tea with caffeine in it as all they had out were herbal teas. Overall, the breakfast will not disappoint but isn't anything special.
In the inner courtyard, accessed only with your room key was a nice pool, hot tub and sauna.
I did not see an elevator to the second floor. This could be an issue with luggage.
The parking near the rooms was often full and we had to use the overflow parking. This was on the property between the main hotel and the conference center. Given we were near the front of the hotel, it was a bit far for carrying things back and forth to the car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western