We selected The Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn because of the reasonable rates.
I am going to start off with something that did bother us about this hotel. They charged us for our stay months ahead of time even though we could cancel at any point. There were two things regarding this that bothered us; first, they did not ever tell us that this was their policy nor was it written anywhere, it just showed up on my sister’s VISA statement. Second, being Canadians we are charged a 3% ForEx charge for USD charges. For this reason, we always hold the rooms with our credit cards BUT pay in cash. Since they went ahead and charged the CC for the first night (in our case the only night) we were charged the fee from VISA. I just don't like getting surprise charges from establishments.
LOCATION: Staying in Sonoma for our Wine country exploration was excellent for us. We loved the area. The location of this hotel in Sonoma was also excellent. There was a large shopping plaza across the street, unfortunately we did not have the time to explore it but I am sure it had some items of interest in it. The hotel was just around the corner 1 blk and then 1 street down from the Town Plaza or Main Square. It was certainly close enough to walk. On the Plaza there was a lot of the recommended restaurants including; the popular Girl & The Fig, a boulangerie, The Taste of the Himalayas, The El Dorado Kitchen, as well as the Sonoma Cheese Factory which stocked everything you could possibly need for your wine country picnic.
STAFF: The staff was the best part of the stay. We received many excellent ideas of things to do from Chelsea. Laci was on duty at reception when we checked in and she also gave some great ideas, maps and complimentary tasting cards.
BREAKFAST: The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast it was located in the back conference centre. It was a typical continental breakfast with waffles, toast, bagels, jam & other condiments, yogurt, coffee, juice, milk & cereals. The food was just OK & the set up wasn’t great. They had 3 or 4 large tables instead of numerous smaller tables so when people got up and left all their garbage you were sitting there at a dirty table. There wasn’t any staff manning the room so it was just kind of unappetizing. Free or not I would eat somewhere else next time.
One thing that was really nice was there was complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby, so after the unsuccessful breakfast I was so happy to get a good coffee for the road.
ROOMS: From all the helpful reviews here on TA we took the advice and booked a fireplace room with two queen beds. We were on the second floor and that was nice and all the rooms around the pool had private balconies. The ones on the first floor had private terraces with gates that allowed for direct pool access. The rooms themselves were a pleasant surprise with thoughtful touches. The beds had nice bolsters with 2 large European pillows which made it very relaxing. There were some wine country magazines and a hard cover book on the area. The bathroom was good, no complaints at all. Even though we did not get a chance to use the fireplace it was nice, too bad we didn’t have more time to stay there to enjoy it better.
In closing I took two marks off for the surprise credit card charge before we stayed and the breakfast wasn't up to par. Overall I would recommend this hotel for the location, we loved Sonoma for a base in wine country, the rooms we nice enough and the front office staff was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western