Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$240
El Pueblo Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$149
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$397
$229
Swiss Hotel(Sonoma)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,250 results
All reviewswhole foodsgreat locationhot tubduraflame logsteam roomfire pitblack bear dinerfree breakfastwithin walking distanceseparate buildingbreakfast roomwine tastingfirst floorpool areawine countryyogurttwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2012

4 Nights in a mission suite. Room good, balcony view of the other side of the street, roofs and treetops. Fairly quite location so sleep is easy enough to get. Eating of all sorts within a few hundred metres so so far so good enough.

Breakfast. What is it about this level of accommodation in the US, are we the customers too dangerous or incompetent to be trusted with real steel cutlery and porcelain plates and cups. It seems to be the case and it is hopeless.

Have you ever tried to butter toast with hard butter and a rubber knife, maybe locals have it down but where I come from grown ups get the real steel and porcelain to eat with. The rubber knives and forks are just the beginning of the descent into hell that is breakfast at the Best Western.

Cereal is passable but not if you have to eat it with a rubber teaspoon. Bread and bagels fair enough if you have mastered the art of buttering and spreading with a rubber knife. Ever tried to split a bagel with a rubber knife, not a great start to the day. Moving right along you get to pour your juice/coffee into an individually plastic wrapped plastic cup, the juice/coffee tastes OK but your stomach turns as you watch the stack of one use disposable cups pile up. Is there an issue with reusable glasses/cups/mugs that is not evident to me?

The final insult is contained in a plastic wrapper and looks like two biscuits/bread rounds with maybe cheese/bacon/egg in the middle, this unpalatable thing is better discarded in its wrap and the disposable paper plate you have placed it on eaten with a bit of salt and pepper.

Conclusion
By all means stay but eat out

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpannerPerthWA
AlexisSwan, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for all guests in the future.

Since we do not have a restaurant on property, unfortunately we do not have a way to clean and sanitize glass dishes and silver wear. We are currently in the process of building our new breakfast room, and anticipate it being finished within the next couple of months.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we may have another chance to provide you with a more a pleasurable experience.

If I can provide any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I will do my best to assist you.

Alexis Swan
Best Western Plus
Sonoma Valley Inn
707-938-9200

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Got the one night stay, 4/22, for $83 including taxes & fees on Pr_celine. We were placed in room 228 - note: no elevator (but not a problem). The room was large and comfortable with free wi-fi, balcony, and fireplace. The decor and room is a little dated, but the room was clean so no complaint there. The beds were not the most comfortable but did the job. Noise can be a factor if you leave your sliding door open (people down at the pools or playing music on their balconies) and the walls are a bit thin. The staff were very friendly and helpful with restaurant and hiking locations. The hotel is in a great location across the street from Whole Foods and other shops and only a couple blocks away from the Plaza. I would definitely stay here if I returned to Sonoma and got a great deal again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eyelanddoc
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We got a great price through AAA and a promotion, but I would have paid more. The new rooms had a fire place; the hot tub and sauna was a nice touch and I had the tiny workout room to myself in the morning. Walking distance to Sonoma's brewery and intown wineries. Staff was friendly and provided me with a map of the surrounding wineries. We stayed 5 days and toured Sonoma county, San Francisco and Napa. Go up to Healdsberg! Next time I plan to spend more time up there-good wine-and it is becoming the next discovered spot so go there while it is affordable :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
AlexisSwan, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for posting your review and providing us your feedback. We take this information very seriously, and will use it to improve our services. I am delighted that hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hot tub is one of our best features here at our property. It’s always nice to come back from a day of wine tasting or shopping and get in the hot tub to relax. Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Alexis Swan
Best Western Plus
Sonoma Valley Inn
707-938-9200

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I live in San Francisco. We were looking for a place just far enough away but easy driving distance for an occasional "mom and dad" getaway. This place is perfect. It has fireplaces in the rooms and a beautiful garden surrounding the pool and hot tub. It's also a great place for families. The lower floor rooms have gate on the balcony that connects directly to the pool area. The prices are very reasonable depending on when you go. We've paid as much as $199 and as little as $88. It includes a continental breakfast and there are lots of places within walking distance to explore. Over the years we've been here at least 20 times with and without our kids. Always a pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for a girls weekend in Sonoma. Can't beat the location of this hotel, its 2 blocks from the downtown area and across the street from a Whole Foods market. We got a great rate which was more then half of what it would cost on the main square of town. The hotel could use some upgrades but it was very clean and the bathroom was just updated. The complimentary breakfast was good, average fare. The front desk was very helpful with questions. And there was free parking which was a plus.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends