“Lovely and old fashioned Inn”

Cinnamon Bear Creekside Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I just spent a lovely night at Cinnamon Bear Inn. We were warmly welcomed by the two owners who take turnes cooking for their guests. After the initial introductions, the cook for breakfask inquired if there was anything we disliked or were allergic to. We replied that we were both diabetic and could we please have extra protein, if it wasn't too much trouble. Oh "No problem" said the big hearted Darla. I'm going to the store later and I'll look for some sugar substitutes. In the morning we were greated by sugar free syrup and extra eggs and sausage to go with our lovely hotcakes. There was also a delicious peach compote, orange juice and coffee and tea.
The main room is a combination sitting room, and dinning hall with a comfortable sofa and side chairs with good light for reading. There is an alcove with a computer and internet connection and an attached printer.
Our corner room looked out over the garden and a side street. However the windows facing the street had double panes and the room was very quiet. The room size was about 16x16 with a comfortable king bed, limited cable TV and bathroom attached. Shower, no tub but there was another bathroom with tub and common ironing board at the head of the stairs on the same floor. Although the house had central heating our room also had a window air conditioner and a space heater. We will definately return to the Cinnamon Bear again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My now fiance and I stayed here a few weeks ago, it was the weekend he proposed at a winery in Sonoma. And the first time we ever stayed a bed and breakfast and I have to say it was a GREAT way to spend the weekend. It added such a perfect touch to the weekend, and it was so enjoyable. The room was great, nice and clean. The whole establishment was beautiful, clean, and quanit. The breakfast was delicious and GORGEOUS! Everything about this place made you feel like you were at a homey hotel! We brought our bikes with us, so we could get to the square very easily. We will certainly be making anniversary trips!The hospitality was lovely, very helpful and cheerful ladies. You have your own bathroom which was great!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gilberto room, very cute!! But all the rooms looked darling (we peaked in the rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a nice BnB and has a wonderful inn keeper as well as staff.

The Pros:
Great inn keeper. Always helpful and had lots of suggestions. Always showed us that she really wanted us to have a great time while in Sonnoma and Napa. She seems to be on a first name basis with most of the vineyards in the area. Full of entertaining stories.
Super staff. OMG the breakfast were really good. We looked forward to them.
This BnB serves breakfast everyday unlike some that we have visited.

The Cons:

The BnB is close to a major intersection. So you have cars and trucks plus load motorcycles comming to a stop and then the light turns green you hear everyone excelerating. Traffic is constant until around 3 am and then starts back up at 5 am. We experienced this from mid week thru the weekend.

It is not walking distance to anything in Sonoma so keep the car handy.

Some rooms do not have full showers but you are welcome to use the common bathroom upstairs. All rooms to have a full bathroom with at least a tub.

The room we stayed in was clean except for the dust ruffle around the bed was..umm dusty.

Another one of our group was in another room upstairs. The whole room smelled of dirty sweat. The other upstairs room was open and it to smelled of dirty sweat too. This is due to old mattress and pillows and I suggest you invest in new ones and use washable mattress pads as well as double case the pillows. Wash all very often.

At breakfast time, the dinning room is not really set up to promote conversations with other guest. The set up is 3 round tables that seat 4 each. All the guest seem to sit in there group and talk with whispers so they would not disturb the other tables. I might be wrong but my idea of a BnB is to include conversations with other guest. I would suggest a large rectangular table. this would promote converstations with others and make for an enjoyable time for all.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get a room in the back of the house to help reduce the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gerald G
cinnamonbearinn, Owner at Cinnamon Bear Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thanks for your review. I have reviewed what you have written and would like to respond. I appreciate your comments about Darla and our staff. She works hard to insure our guests are well taken care of. You were here for multiple nights along with friends. They seemed to really enjoy the stay, I'm sorry we seemed to miss the mark with you.

All of our rooms have showers, your room has a two person jetted tub and the shower is hand held. Some prefer a standard shower and we have an extra bathroom to accommodate this.

I'm frustrated at your comment about the smell. We checked very carefully after the review and found no smell. We also have never been made aware of any foul smells in our rooms. I believe odors are often brought into a room...ie dirty laundry in one's suitcase.

Your room was at the front of our inn and is subject to road noise. My experience is that it is greatly reduced by 9 or 10pm. If you were a lite sleeper, Darla would have made attempts to move you to a room at the rear of our building.

Sorry, but I'm very proud of our dining room and like the configuration of our tables.
Russ Harrison
Owner

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I must say that it was not walking distance to town, but that was just okay, we drove to a lovely restaurant, the ladies who run the place are extremely fastiduous one would never know that there are so many rooms but we did take the time to explore them all.
There is a lovely garden in the back, fresh oranges growing on the front trees, and ample parking
The bathroom was huge, wheel chair accessible, with a jacuzzi, there was a heater in the room which we did put on. It actually got down in the 20s but that was just fine. the fire place was heated when we came back from dinner.

Coffee was ready,at night as well, and if you wanted to open a bottle which we did not you could have done that before bed time.They did provide us with wine cards, to visit the winery, gave great tips on eating and made a reservation at a local restaurnat that had jazz that locals frequented, so we felt like we belonged in Sonoma that night.
There are several hotels in the town proper, but we did not want that , and the reason I stayed here was on a recommendation from a friend. Maybe the hotels would have been cheaper, but then there is a breakfast charge issue.
Breakfast was fresh, warm apple compote, hallah french toast, skewered meats and home made cake, i would have preferred a stronger coffee, but that's me, fresh OJ, and yes fresh fruit to go.
Staying at a B and B is a little like just being home but away, and we just wanted a quiet night and that is what we got. Read a book in the room on the sofa.
check in is promptly at 3 we tried to come early but no one was there,no one rushed us out in the morning, yes you could hear some traffic, but that could be anywhere, there are several rooms to chose from, so just let them know your needs.disabled access is available.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are beautiful as well, but there are stairs, the downstairs suite has a fireplace...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fitterSaddleRiverNJ
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I will tell you what, the ladies that work here are very accomodating and pleasant to talk too. Though I had my qualms about staying at a B&B(because I like newer and contempory lodging) I did enjoy the 1 night we were there. My wife and I stayed here our first night when we got to CA. Things stayed quite throughout the night...I believe there were 2 other couples there that night. I didn't think about this before, but one of the benefits of the B&B was opportunity to talk to other people in a more intimate setting then if you were at a chain hotel. I really appreciated that aspect. We were able to share our homemade breakfast at a table with anothe couple and striked up a conversation with them.
Breakfast was great with a personalized touch and they even accomodated my wife who was trying to eat gluten free. Angela and Darla are great hosts and cooks. Thanks.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want for a room and they can tell you which room will meet your needs when y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a work trip. It was OK and friendly but a little eccentric.

Room itself felt very twee, old style bed which was soggy and rolled into the middle. Mattresses definitely need updating. Bathroom was a little dirty with dust and grime on the shower fittings. Towels were not changed the three nights I was there which was a surprise.

Breakfast was OK but no choice and frittata and fruit cup and zucchini was a little odd.

Overall, a decent choice but definitely shop around. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We always try to stay at B&Bs wherever and whenever we travel, and although the Cinnamon Bear was a good find in many respects, it also had its shortcomings. On the plus side, Darla and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The breakfasts were good, and the inn and our room were very neat and clean. In addition, the inn's location was wonderful - easy to find, near Sonoma Square, and although the parking area was a little tight, it was free. We also enjoyed having a private entrance to our spacious room (#3), The drawbacks were that, though clean, the inn and our room appear tired and worn. In addition, even though our room is in the rear of the building, the street noise was still loud enough to be annoying. Our biggest complaint about our room, however, was the very loudly groaning and squeaking toilet. We were told that the problem is not a new one and that the owner is aware of it, but still nothing was done to correct the situation. We also would have appreciated some bathroom amenities, more than just the one small bar of soap that was provided for use at the sink and in the shower. A little shower gel and shampoo would have been nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smee33
cinnamonbearinn, Owner at Cinnamon Bear Creekside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We appreciate feedback when someone stays with us. We had the toilet fixed...and I wasn't aware of it, nor did I choose to ignore it. Also, each and every guest is supplied with soap, shampoo and lotion in their room. We must have slipped up and I'm sorry.