“A good harvest”
Review of Harvest Moon Cafe

Harvest Moon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 125 Restaurants in Sonoma
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Napa Street
Description: We are a small family run business on Sonoma's square. We have seasonal patio seating as well as a cozy dining room.
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We dined alfresco, with few if any bugs. There were napery and reasonably comfortable chairs. The cuisine was innovative and the suggested wine pairings also non-conventional. Service was good. Prices were at the top end of most Sonoma restaurants, but there was value for the money.

I do not gush over this restaurant, but it was certainly very good and you will not likely be disappointed.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

My girlfriend and I have a pied a terre in Sonoma, so we eat out there a lot. Up to now, our favorite local restaurant has been the Fig Cafe (in Glen Ellen, a few miles from Sonoma) -- but not any more. Our two dinners at the Harvest Moon have been simply terrific, marked by ingenious but congenial combinations, meticulous preparation and reasonable prices. A particularly excellent dish was quail with sauteed fennel, in a rich reduction. The quail, served with an excellent herb-flavored risotto, absolutely melted in the mouth. Another great dish was the seared ahi tuna, which for some reason was much more tender than one usually encounters.

One caveat: Although we thought we were pretty familiar with most of the local wineries, we recognized very few on their wine list. In any case, we brought wine from our cellar, which we think is part of the fun of dining in the California wine country.

A postscript: Everyone in the group agreed that the Harvest Moon was much better -- and a better value -- than the nearby Girl and the Fig.

1  Thank FoodWallah
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We went as a group of 5 on Sunday evening to Harvest Moon Cafe. Our concierge made us a reservation, but the restaurant was absolutely empty so that was unnecessary! I think it may have been crowded on the patio, but we didn't want to eat outside. The menu was pretty small but had some wonderful options. The beet salad with kampachi tuna was worth the trip alone! Our waiter was friendly, but VERY slow, like he forgot we were there every now and again. Two of the 5 diners were not impressed with their dinner, but my steak and my husband's lamb were very good. The waiter forgot to bring my husband's wine but was apologetic when we got the bill and took it off. It wasn't enough to deter me from coming back, though.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

My fiance and I ate here on our recent trip Sonoma. We sat on the back patio which had lights strung above and a running fountain in the center. It would be perfect for a hot summer evening! We both order a salad to start off our meal and it was very crisp and refreshing. For our main meal I got the pork tenderloin which was cooked perfectly along with mashed potatoes and carrots, both of which were also full of flavor! We also ordered a chocolate brownie for dessert which was fantastic! Our server was also very attentive and even went well out of his way to make sure we were completely happy and comfortable! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a nice, relaxing, meal that is incredibly fresh, flavorful, and well put together.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding - what more can I say? We will definitely be back to this restaurant during our next visit to Sonoma. Be sure to make reservations. Although they have a good size patio in the back, the main dining area is rather small. We were there on a Sunday evening and it was pretty busy.