“Wonderful dining experience”
Review of Harvest Moon Cafe

Harvest Moon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 125 Restaurants in Sonoma
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Napa Street
Description: We are a small family run business on Sonoma's square. We have seasonal patio seating as well as a cozy dining room.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at Harvest Moon Cafe on 1/18/13. We' heard it was supposed to be very good, and it was excellent! It was a pretty chilly evening, and the hostess seated us in the back tent, and ambiance was wonderful. It was quiet, warm and even though it was much larger than I expected, it had a cozy feel. Love the fact that the menu changes nightly, and the chef uses local and in-season ingredients. We had carrot-ginger soup to start, we each had a salad, and then we split the ribeye steak. Had a chance to meet both the chef and his wife, and since we are from Houston, it was nice finding out the chef was born in Houston and grew up in Austin, TX. They were so nice and the food was delicious. We will definitely return to eat here on our next trip to Sonoma.

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just got back from Sonoma, have been here before. I research my restaurants thoroughly before I go, because let's face it.....I love to eat well, but I want the experience and I don't assume that the most expensive restaurant is the best (because it usually is far from it).
Saved this one for my last night in Sonoma. Karin greeted us when we arrived and sat us as requested (it was a little quieter in the back). I just assumed by her flair, and finesse and customer skills that she was the owner...oh no, she is the server (not a worthy title).
We had a phemomenal meal but it is the experience people...the experience. She knew how to handle us, and then I watched her alter her style to suit the table near us (by the way, THAT is what great service looks like).
Menu changes every night. Had some crazy delicious deviled eggs with smoked salmon, sweet chili peppers and tarragon and it was amazing. Beet salad is practically pedestrian on the square this time of year, but the way they did it with both sliced and diced beets, whole almonds and my personal favorite, fennel slaw, was delish.
That was just the apps.
Let's talk dessert...house-made caramel ice cream with a swirl of chestnut...yep. But what blew me away was the banana coconut tart thing....how did you get my Grandma's recipe for banana creme pie??
Had an outstanding EXPERIENCE here and would probably eat here every night next time I go because the service and experience on the square is lacking....

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service and wine list. The Porterhouse with savory bread pudding was peerless. Loved, loved it.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We got in on a Thurs night without reservation in Jan...wonderful food w unique offerings, but the seating was a little crowded and there seemed to be too few servers for the volume of tables. Wine pairings were good.

The local sourcing aspect of this restaurant is appealing.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Small indoor space was not crowded. Decor was warm and cozy for a winter day. I had the smoked salmon egg benedict (fresh eggs were cooked perfectly), and my wife had the arctic char (again, cooked to perfection, not overdone). Jen did the cooking and we had a short chat with her. Lovely lady. The food was great and service was attentive. Our waiter recommended a good wine to pair with the food. Was told that the rib eye steak is the thing to try for dinner. Will be back soon.