“Very tasty dinner & attentive servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Depot Hotel

Depot Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Depot Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spain Street
Transit: Sonoma Plaza--two blocks away.
Description: The DEPOT HOTEL RESTAURANT is a charming neighborhood restaurant located in an historic stone building just a block off the Plaza in Sonoma. Locals and visitors to the Wine Country enjoy casual Tuscan-inspired cuisine in the Vinoteca, in the cozy dining rooms, and on the terraces surrounding the shady Italian garden and reflection pool. Food is a passion at the DEPOT HOTEL RESTAURANT for the father and son Chef team--whether it is making house-made antipasti, or handmade pasta, or fresh ricotta. In addition to products made in-house, the Sonoma wine country around us offers an abundance of new artisanal products. The search for the best local products is a treasure hunt both chefs enjoy--whether from the coast, local farms, or local cheese makers. Come join us for a trattoria-style lunch or dinner...or just drop into our Vinoteca for informal small plates of antipasti and a glass of wine. Our focus is casual Italian comfort food--served in an informal Sonoma wine country atmosphere.
Northern California
“Very tasty dinner & attentive servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

We took our Mom for dinner here on April 30. We were unable to get a seat overlooking their garden, as a wedding party had reserved those seats, so we instead were seated by the fireplace. The food was top-notch and our server was friendly. I would go here again and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Sacramento
“Romantic setting and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

The Depot Hotel offers a kick back setting around a small pool with fountain. Good value for all the starters and wonderful dinners. Close to the Sonoma Plaza, but no advertising so tell them you heard about it here.

We will definitely go back.

San Francisco
“Delightful Italian dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Had a wonderful dinner on a busy Saturday night in Sonoma. This is the Italian food I crave...hearty, flavorful, and honest, no pretense. We started with a tomato anchovie sallad. I had Veal Scallpini, and my partner the fillet steak. I thought about asking for seconds on the scalloped potatoes. The wine list has local wines from Sonoma wineries, fairly priced. I loved the Valley of the Moon Zin. The wine list is cleverly complimented by a selection of Italian wines, and like the trattorias in Florence, a wine from the chef's own vineyard! Oh yeah, for $4, start with the chef homemade salami with your bread, plus a glass of red wine. Excellent.
If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to loose the cheap $4.99 Bed-and-Bath plastic chairs in the garden. Not classy enough for this restaurant.
Our dinner with a bottle of $27 wine, two salads, shared appetizer, two entrees and coffee was $103 incl tax. Minus my sister's $50 gift certificate, we were delighted!

1 Thank SayGoWeGo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite place! Great...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

My favorite place! Great food and a water fountain pool outside. Great service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sunnyvale, California
“Like dining in Tuscany”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

My wife and I ate here on a Wednesday night, so it wasn't at all crowded. We were seated facing the grotto - a fountain and pool used for weddings and receptions. It was like being in Tuscany all over again.

Service was exceptional and the food was better than average. The chef might use a few more spices to really liven it up. My wife's salmon (wild) was grilled to perfection while my veal was very good.