“Beautiful wedding venue in Sonoma” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Depot Hotel

Depot Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Depot Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spain Street
Transit: Sonoma Plaza--two blocks away.
Description: The DEPOT HOTEL RESTAURANT is a charming neighborhood restaurant located in an historic stone building just a block off the Plaza in Sonoma. Locals and visitors to the Wine Country enjoy casual Tuscan-inspired cuisine in the Vinoteca, in the cozy dining rooms, and on the terraces surrounding the shady Italian garden and reflection pool. Food is a passion at the DEPOT HOTEL RESTAURANT for the father and son Chef team--whether it is making house-made antipasti, or handmade pasta, or fresh ricotta. In addition to products made in-house, the Sonoma wine country around us offers an abundance of new artisanal products. The search for the best local products is a treasure hunt both chefs enjoy--whether from the coast, local farms, or local cheese makers. Come join us for a trattoria-style lunch or dinner...or just drop into our Vinoteca for informal small plates of antipasti and a glass of wine. Our focus is casual Italian comfort food--served in an informal Sonoma wine country atmosphere.
Seabrook, Texas
“Beautiful wedding venue in Sonoma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We recently traveled to Sonoma for a wedding held at the Depot Hotel & Garden, what a beautiful place. Located close to the Plaza square it is lovely. The outdoor area has a long reflection pool with fountains, nice umbrella tables, an arbor where the actual ceremony was held and nice Indoor dining areas and bar. It was a beautiful setting for an intimate ceremony and sit down dinner reception with excellent food. Just a beautiful venue for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2014

Plantation, Florida
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate at the Depot on the recommendation of a local. The scallop app was delicious as were the homemade tortellini and cappelini. We sat outside near the pool/fountain and the atmosphere was very nice. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2014
Sonoma, California
“Atmosphere Better Than the Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We haven't been to the Depot Hotel for several years, even though we live in Sonoma. So many people have recommended it, that we returned last week, only to find it the same as we remembered: lovely setting, warm, efficient service, reasonable wine prices(we each had 2 different wines by the glass). However, the food is just average. So wish it had more "pizazz ". My husband had veal scaloppini and I had the fish stew. Ingredients were very good, but the flavors were a bit dull. I added salt and pepper, which I never do. I would have liked to add a dash of hot sauce and lemon if I had the chance to request them. My dessert was fine ( walnut tart, I think). Too bed the food isn't more memorable, as the atmosphere is so nice!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Margo E
San Rafael, California
“Sooo good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here on a Sunday evening and we were sat at a beautiful table by the fountain outside. It was quiet and romantic! I ordered the veal and pork tortellini in a sherry cream sauce, and I have to say, this was literally one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had! The pasta was so fresh and the sauce was divine. My boyfriend was not that impressed with his margarita pizza, and although our drinks did not get refreshed (our water glasses were never empty once!) I had a great time! I think our total bill was under $50 so that is a win in my book. :-)

• Visited July 2014
Gia G, Owner at Depot Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
We always appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write such an enthusiastic review! Thank you! Dining outside by the pool in the Tuscan-style garden is one of the things our guests comment on the most this time of year. The first thing, though, is definitely the food! The Chef sends his thanks for all your kind words!
Bay Point, California
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a very nice Father's Day meal hear but there was a wedding party there that day so it was a little noisy. Butter was very hard to spread because it was just out of the fridge but other than that, the food was very good.

Visited June 2014