“Excellent Pizza”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Lilesgirl
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted an early, casual dinner the day we got into town. Food was great- we had margarita pizza and avocado caprese salad. Service was fine. Atmosphere looks like at 6:00 am it turns into a Denny's. All that said, if you love thin crust pizza, this place is great.

Tomball, Texas
“Very nice Dinner”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had dinner at the Red Grape in Sonoma and were pleasantly surprised. We thought from the name that it was going to be a standard pizzeria, but it was anything but. The pizza was very good. The crust was very thin and crispy. This is just the way I like it. But the salads were just as good as the pizza! They have a very casual atmosphere and we were able to sit out on the patio for dinner. It was a beautiful evening and the food was terrific. I would go back any time I'm in Sonoma.

• Visited May 2014
Sonoma, California
“Creative and yummy food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We live in Sonoma, and go to the Red Grape often. They even do take out. Their pizzas have lovely, thin crusts, with regular, whole wheat and gluten free crust options. What we love is the variety of toppings -- either create your own or order one of the Red Grape's own "red" or "white" combinations. The choice is amazing. We particularly love the Mediterranean, the Sonoma, and the gorgonzola, pear and hazelnut pizzas. Although we usually get a pizza and a salad to share, this time we each had pasta specials. The main room inside can be noisy; the restaurant is almost always full. The patio in back is great and our favorite place. Look for specials every month - a recent pizza uses fresh vegetables from The Patch, one of our local farm stands.

• Visited May 2014
Sacramento, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My grandson and I drove to Sonoma from Sacramento to celebrate his Grandfather's birthday at the Red Grape last Saturday. The weather was beautiful so sat outside on their lovely patio. I know that Grandpa and grandson's meals were very satisfactory (burger w/onion rings and a meat dish); but, I ordered the Gorgonzola salad and cup of soup. The salad was just okay.....way too many sweet nuts for my taste; but, the disappointment was the soup. The waiter suggested the Clam Chowder. Since it was lukewarm I told the waiter it was not hot. He took it immediately and, apparently, instead of a fresh cup from the pot, he must have put it in the microwave for a very long time. It ruined the clams and had a burned flavor after that. I would try the place again but probably order their pizza as it seems to get rave reviews.

• Visited June 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Huge variety of Pizzas!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident when we stayed in Sonoma a few years back.

Sometimes, my husband and I would drive down to Sonoma on a Sunday when we lived Rocklin, CA (an hour and a half) just to have pizza!!!

The pizzas are individual round pizzas served on a metal pizza plate - enough for one person - and just like they are made in Italy. The dough is thin and cooked in a wood oven - which is the BEST way to cook pizza!!! There are at least 25 (if not more) of red (tomato based) pizzas and at least 25 (if not more) white pizzas. The salads are great. My favorite was the white pizza with pear, gorgonzola and hazelnut. My husband was partial to the clam and shrimp pizzas.

It's on a side street and parking can be a bit tricky but doable. This place is SO worth taking the time to find!

This review required when we visited but unfortunately it has been a long time because we moved out of California in 2009 but I'm certain this restaurant is still there and serving up fabulous pizzas!!!

• Visited July 2013