“Creative and yummy food”
Review of Red Grape Pizzeria

Red Grape Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Sonoma, California
“Creative and yummy food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We live in Sonoma, and go to the Red Grape often. They even do take out. Their pizzas have lovely, thin crusts, with regular, whole wheat and gluten free crust options. What we love is the variety of toppings -- either create your own or order one of the Red Grape's own "red" or "white" combinations. The choice is amazing. We particularly love the Mediterranean, the Sonoma, and the gorgonzola, pear and hazelnut pizzas. Although we usually get a pizza and a salad to share, this time we each had pasta specials. The main room inside can be noisy; the restaurant is almost always full. The patio in back is great and our favorite place. Look for specials every month - a recent pizza uses fresh vegetables from The Patch, one of our local farm stands.

• Visited May 2014

Sacramento, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My grandson and I drove to Sonoma from Sacramento to celebrate his Grandfather's birthday at the Red Grape last Saturday. The weather was beautiful so sat outside on their lovely patio. I know that Grandpa and grandson's meals were very satisfactory (burger w/onion rings and a meat dish); but, I ordered the Gorgonzola salad and cup of soup. The salad was just okay.....way too many sweet nuts for my taste; but, the disappointment was the soup. The waiter suggested the Clam Chowder. Since it was lukewarm I told the waiter it was not hot. He took it immediately and, apparently, instead of a fresh cup from the pot, he must have put it in the microwave for a very long time. It ruined the clams and had a burned flavor after that. I would try the place again but probably order their pizza as it seems to get rave reviews.

• Visited June 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Huge variety of Pizzas!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident when we stayed in Sonoma a few years back.

Sometimes, my husband and I would drive down to Sonoma on a Sunday when we lived Rocklin, CA (an hour and a half) just to have pizza!!!

The pizzas are individual round pizzas served on a metal pizza plate - enough for one person - and just like they are made in Italy. The dough is thin and cooked in a wood oven - which is the BEST way to cook pizza!!! There are at least 25 (if not more) of red (tomato based) pizzas and at least 25 (if not more) white pizzas. The salads are great. My favorite was the white pizza with pear, gorgonzola and hazelnut. My husband was partial to the clam and shrimp pizzas.

It's on a side street and parking can be a bit tricky but doable. This place is SO worth taking the time to find!

This review required when we visited but unfortunately it has been a long time because we moved out of California in 2009 but I'm certain this restaurant is still there and serving up fabulous pizzas!!!

• Visited July 2013
Silicon Valley
“Tasty fresh, BUT a billing problem”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We had quite a tasty GF crust Sonoma pizza and a Gorgonzola salad for lunch on Memorial Day. Very happy they were open! Prompt and courteous service. All was good till we discovered a day later someone else's $115+ bill had also been charged to our debit card. Took a call by us to initiate a correction. Though promised, the mgr never called back. Eventually another staffer did and I learned the hold on our account would be there for 3 more days. Not too classy.

Nashville
“Great place for a casual meal!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a great little restaurant in walking distance to the Best Western where we stayed. They offer some really good pizzas, as well as salads, burgers, and some "fancier" entrees. The service was good, and we were able to sit outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Visited May 2014