“Handled a large party well”
Review of El Dorado Kitchen

El Dorado Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
El Dorado Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 129 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Spain Street
Description: Executive chef Armando Navarro's farm driven cuisine is a collection of earthy yet sophisticated, complex yet straightforward dishes that showcase the essence of seasonal produce. Chef Navarro sources his ingredients from local purveyors and nearby Sonoma farms, a commitment and dedication that is in line with El Dorado’s overall eco-friendly green initiatives.Navarro’s deeply satisfying cuisine can be enjoyed at El Dorado Kitchen. In the center of the main dining room, parties of up to 22 can gather around a 21-foot-long table fashioned from a single wood plank reclaimed from a Vermont bridge. This table is perfectly positioned to afford each diner a view of the artistic talents hard at work in the open kitchen.An outdoor courtyard allows diners to enjoy the beauty of Sonoma. Enjoy dinner under the fig trees and the clear Sonoma sky or take your lunch pool-side in your own private cabana or on one of the inviting day beds by the pool. We also offer casual dining in our lobby, nestled next to the glowing fireplace.
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Some places will say they handle large groups but fall short. EDK handled out party of 12 like pros from start to finish. Enjoyed a selection of apps and then a great steak. Truffle fries were not the greatest - did'y seem as authentic as the rest of the meal but still tasted ok. Was disappointed with the chocolate mouse - it's baked but it had a very dry texture - perhaps provide a large scoop of ice cream to go with it !! Apple crisp got rave reviews from the table!! All in, a very fun night!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Was visiting Sonoma and the El Dorado Kitchen was recommended for dinner. Well we knew there was great wine in Sonoma, but the food was excellent as well. My wife and I split a seasonal multi-tomato salad with a balsamic vinegarettte and cheese ( cannot remember the name of it but it was marvelous ) and I had the scallops as my main dish. The scallops were the small delicate ones and were well prepared requiring no additional seasonings and were fresh - wife had salmon which was also out of this world. Of course we did have to have a nice bottle of wine and desert (we split, so only half the calories ) to accompany the meal. Price was reasonable at around $160.00 - would definitely go back for more.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I went to El Dorado Kitchen last Thursday after spending the day wine tasting on the Silverado Trail. We were about 30 minutes early for our reservation and they were able to seat us immediately upon arrival, which was a nice surprise. We were quickly attended to by our waiter who was very warm and had a great demeanor. We ordered the truffle fries because we were extra hungry and I was very happy we did. They are absolutely delicious! You have to get them if you go here! My husband ordered the NY steak and I ordered the seasonal butternut squash ravioli. Our food came out in a very timely fashion, while we were still working on the truffle fries. My ravioli was delicious and while my husband said his steak was cooked perfectly, he was a little disappointed that he was paying $31 for such a small portion of steak. We continued to eat the truffle fries even after we had finished our entrees as they were our favorite part of the meal. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere for a romantic evening and if I'm ever in Sonoma again I will be sure to go back just for the truffle fries!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have dined at EDK on several occasions and for the most part have been very happy with our meals here. However, service is a "hit or miss" on every visit. Truffle fries are always a great starter, but some other selections have not been so great. Entrees are usually terrific, but last time I had to send my Carbonara dish back with just too many flaws in execution to qualify as a satisfying meal. The Duck breast and confit on root vegetables I ordered to replace it was one of the best I have ever eaten. Desserts continue to be a disappointment and we have yet to find the "house speciality". The service issues we have at EDK continue to be just a matter of experience, as some waiters are just great and others just don't seem to know what they are doing. The managers are very accommodating and seem to really care about the guests dining experience, if only the severs could match the dedication to service shown by management.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The menu selections and the food was very good. The seafood was extremely fresh and well-prepared. Our table and the atmosphere was very comfortable. Most of the staff seemed very attentive to their guests. Our waiter had some attitude and I believe that did detract from the meal. He may have been having an off-night, but his attitude was unacceptable. We would try this restaurant again and hopefully have wait staff that has a better attitude.

Treg F, General Manager at El Dorado Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed most of your experience. Unfortunately, we are not able to oversee every interaction our servers have with our guests and I apologize if you were getting a "bad attitude" read from your server. Would you be willing to send me an email and share with me more of the details of what contributed to your feelings about your server? It would help us a great deal to improve our service.

Treg Finney