“Great Sonoma dinner spot”
Review of El Dorado Kitchen

El Dorado Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
El Dorado Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Spain Street
Description: Executive chef Armando Navarro's farm driven cuisine is a collection of earthy yet sophisticated, complex yet straightforward dishes that showcase the essence of seasonal produce. Chef Navarro sources his ingredients from local purveyors and nearby Sonoma farms, a commitment and dedication that is in line with El Dorado’s overall eco-friendly green initiatives.Navarro’s deeply satisfying cuisine can be enjoyed at El Dorado Kitchen. In the center of the main dining room, parties of up to 22 can gather around a 21-foot-long table fashioned from a single wood plank reclaimed from a Vermont bridge. This table is perfectly positioned to afford each diner a view of the artistic talents hard at work in the open kitchen.An outdoor courtyard allows diners to enjoy the beauty of Sonoma. Enjoy dinner under the fig trees and the clear Sonoma sky or take your lunch pool-side in your own private cabana or on one of the inviting day beds by the pool. We also offer casual dining in our lobby, nestled next to the glowing fireplace.
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I dined here with a group of 6 tourists. Enjoyed the meals- excellent quality at a fair price. It was a good mix of traditional food with some local flair. Cocktail list looked like fun, although the bar seemed quiet on Sunday evening. Atmosphere was dressy-casual. Not over the top. Great dinner in Sonoma.
Make a reservation, as we had trouble getting a good table at a time we wanted!

1  Thank ChrisN54321

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have had coffee here in the past, but never dinner. We are so glad we chose this for our special dinner. The staff was welcoming. Though busy, our waiter made sure we were well cared for.
The oysters were fresh and tasted like the ocean with a surprising mignonette. The entreés were delicious: a tender, large pork chop with grilled peaches and tender scallops with cauliflower, almonds and grapes -- Fabulous!
Our terrific waiter, JC (sit in his section, if you can) recommended the fig crepe dessert. We were so satisfied, we hesitated. Boy, are we happy we took his advice. The crepes came with a crème fraiche sabayon, hand made, raspberry sorbet and fresh raspberries. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.
I could not recommend this restaurant more highly.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I casually strolled along looking for a place to have dinner and found El Dorado. Much to our surprise, it was packed! One of the waiters suggested we hang in and wait for a table in the bar area. Our wait was only about fifteen minutes and well worth it. Being from the south, I often eat fish but not Halibut. It was prepared beautifully, as was my husband's salmon. We didn't have wine because of a fabulous tasting at Jordan during the day and we didn't feel at all pressured to do so. Our server was pleasant, well informed, and we would definitely return because of both the service and the food.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This bustling hotel kitchen turns out reasonably priced fare. The American menu appeals to a wide variety of paletes. Waiters seemed rushed. Service was slow. The staff, however, is more than willing to accomodate the restaurant's guests.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate here with family during a recent trip to Sonoma and were not exactly wowed by the food here. Service was incredibly slow--lunch took nearly 2 hours and I don't think any of us ordered anything unusual. I had a BLTA (the a for avocado) and it was not very good. Bacon was overcooked, the fried green tomato on the sandwich was too, so it was a very dry sandwich. The others in my group seemed to like their food more than I did. The fries were outstanding--thin, crispy shoestsrings with good flavor. Great location on the Sonoma Plaza. We ate outside which was nice, but there is no view back there, just the experience of dining al fresco.