“Sonoma is Beer Country”

Olde Sonoma Public House
Ranked #7 of 10 Nightlife in Sonoma
Reviewed January 7, 2017

Screw wine, drink a beer. Great beer joint in Sonoma. Local hangout, wide variety of beers on tap (30+), super nice owners...
No Food, but they allow and encourage to bring eats in from surrounding restaurants.
Going to a movie? Grab a beer to go...they have off-perm license.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 23, 2015

I am but one person trying to right a wrong. There should be more excellent reviews of this place. The locals must be spending all their time drinking beer and talking to friends and not doing their duty by reviewing this place. Put down your glasses, stop watching the game on the tube and put out for Coley, people!

The constantly changing beer selection on tap is immense. (Are there 30, 40, 50 choices? Don't know, I'm too busy drinking to count the choices. I'm exhausted just making my decision(s).)

This place is authentic. It's a truly friendly, casual, neighborhood hang out that happens to be in a very touristy area. If you are from out of the country, some of the best things in America are found at this pub and I don't just mean the beer. If you are from out of state, it's time to visit and shed a patriotic tear for American culture. Folk are drawn here. They may be young (but still of drinking age); they may be old. They may be liberal; they may be conservative. But the energy inside is clear - people are people. It's OK to hug your friends and not get embarrassed. We're all neighbors here at the Public House.

But don't take my word for it. Listen to my friend who is a true beer aficionado. "I am truly blessed. I am married to a wonderful woman. I'm healthy. I have enough money to retire. And I can walk to Coley's."

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed January 1, 2015

We bought a group on for beer tasting for two. All the beer we tried were good, and we had nice chats with locals who go there often. As we were staying in Napa, it was a bit out of our way (about 20-30 min drive), but we were glad that we went! We were also allowed to bring in our own food to enjoy there.

Date of experience: December 2014