“Amazing Barbeque”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you have spent any time in wine country, then you know many of the restaurants are nothing short of Over-Rated. Before you dismiss me as a fake, hear me out. My wife and I spent last August on a BBQ crawl. We visited Texas,Oklahoma,Tennessee,Arkansas,Missouri, you get the picture. While nobody does everything great, most do at least one item that will blow your socks off. At Schellville, that item is the Tri-Tip Sandy. I had a great conversation with Chef Matthew about his methods and the meat he uses. He is serious about BBQ and so am I.

1  Thank Phil M

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Simple and good.
Relaxed back deck.
Food selection was limited but very good.
Service/ staff were Super nice. Good beers on tap.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

A group of us had lunch here yesterday. The chicken salad gets raves, and the chicken pesto sandwich scored well with our group. The ribs disappointed, though. The ribs were rather fatty and too chewy. Plus, what would I do with a soggy piece of white bread? The sweet potato fries were wonderful. Our server was a bit indifferent, but I think she was just having a tough day.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

22900 Broadway, Sonoma, CA
707.996.5151
Northerly corner of US 12 and CA 121
Difficult to size up overall but the enclosed dining room is cozy and the food is down home comfort style. There are evening celebrations in the Summer, entertainment as well.

Special dinners draw crowds.

An uneven hand at the throttle here - the owner, a Culinary Institute Grad, splits his time between here and his new home in Tuscany, Italy. It is eclectic and people drop in from all over.

Try the Scellville Grill for yourself and see what you think.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My Husband and I had lunch at the Schellville Grill on March 2nd. It was GREAT and we really enjoyed our food! I had the Porchetta . It was really good. It had a lot of meat and cheese and juice all on this big roll that was delicious! My husband had the Hot Matty’s Smoked Tri-Tip Sandy and he said it was great as well! The bite I had was great and had the perfect amount of smoke flavor. The BBQ sauce was in the top 5 I have ever had! We saw that this place is really into smoking and they have bought a big new smoker that arrived that weekend from Texas. We are definitely planning a trip just to eat some great BBQ here in the summer! Highly recommend stopping in and giving it a try, you will NOT be disappointed!