“Would go again!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to try it after looking at the reviews and we weren't disappointed. I had the fish sandwich and he had the Buckaroo. Our waiter, Ben, couldn't have been nicer. They were busy and we told him we were not in a hurry. The chef brought our food out to us and was also apologetic but we said everything was great. For dessert my husband had the apple crisp and I had the carrot cake. Delicious. Can't wait to go back. The staff were very friendly and accommodating,

1  Thank daisy021

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I work and live in Sonoma..... A true local! I also am the personal assistant to the owner of a Vineyard Management Company. We have over 100 vineyards and many Clients who live abroad or out if town. It is my responsibility to know the best places to eat. In Sonoma Valley...over the past 5 years I have sent several of our clients to Schellville Grill and all have come back to me happy!! Some have made it their constant every time they visit. That alone speaks volumes with all the choices there are in our beautiful town..... Set in the heart of wine country this eatery has it all.

Mathew the Chef and owner can be be seen nightly cooking and greeting all customers with his big smile and loud .." welcome , take a seat inside or out !" his sister and head server who prepares all the desserts is as charming as he......Em as she is fondly known by makes the best vanilla bean cheese cake and meyer lemon brownies in Sonoma! Sonoma is lucky that Matt brought us this local and now famous eatery!! Enjoy!! My favorites are the tri tip and pulled pork... Which he slowly cooks all day in his well known smoker .....just follow the amazing aroma....:)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Careful when you drive around... You may not find it easily...
It is at the corner of 3 roads.

We are so glad we made it there on our way to visit the Sonoma wine country area.
The restaurant is a typical diner with a twist on the food.

Lots on the menu is italian base.
The chef has definitely an italian touch...

We had the Tuscan Gorgonzola Salad and the Ezio Tuscan Chicken.
We both enjoyed the food , the service and the atmosphere.

This is not the place for fine dining as far as location and setting but the food could definitely be on the menu of a fine dining establishment...

I would recommend anytime.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped in for lunch while touring Sonoma area wineries on the recommendation of staff at a nearby tasting room. Building is (to put it politely) rustic, but it was a nice day so we sat outside in a sort of patio area under a pergola covered with a gauze sun screen. The waitress came by to take our order promptly; we ordered the pulled-pork and the 'buckaroo' sandwiches. Even though it was late for lunch on a weekday, and the patio was less than half full, for some reason it still took about 40 minutes for our food to arrive. Both sandwiches were great, as were the sweet potato fries.

Nice place for a casual lunch, but only if you're not in a hurry.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just left this dump, and were very disappointed. The bldg looked like it was going to fall down, peeling paint on the outside, slow service on the inside. They actually locked the front door with people outside trying to get in, even though they had tables available. Food was a major disappointment, we had the lasagna, and the mixed grill. Lets just say, it cost me $60 and I left hungry...what a waste, it seems like they doubled their prices after DDD left the bldg

2  Thank kyle h