“Delicious but pricey”
Review of Carneros Bistro

Carneros Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Carneros Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 125 Restaurants in Sonoma
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leveroni/ Napa Rd Intersection
Description: Our award-winning Sonoma restaurant's menu features innovative, Mediterranean-influenced cuisine served in a casually elegant setting. Enjoy dishes prepared with local artisanal foods complemented by our sommelier’s wine list of over 400 bottles.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Loved the ambience, the food, but we shared everything and still it was a very pricey evening. Save it for a special occasion and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had lunch at the Bistro - one larger group there but otherwise about 1/2 empty. The food (a deliciously prepared very rare burger for me and swordfish tacos for my friend) was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive but it took 45 minutes to get our food! If you don't want to spend the afternoon at the restaurant, I would suggest not going. I cant imagine what the wait would have been had the restaurant been busy.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Having been lucky enough to meet Chris Sawyer through the Greystone CIA group, I found out he's the sommelier at the Carneros Bistro and Bar ... a place I never thought to try because it's part of the a Renaissance hotel and I just figured it would be tailored more as a chain restaurant ... wrong! It was not only fabulous food but they have a couple sets of "chef counter" seats, where you can watch the action. OMG. Not only was it fun, the head chef Andrew Wilson made it unforgettable. He was proud, not pompous and so welcoming I can't wait to go back. They have a great bar menu, nice lounge where you can order off the full menu plus a brick oven which is begging me to come back for a [pizza] pie. The wines are paired perfectly (Chris is amazing) and the food and wine portions are generous ... not one of those here's-a-swig-for-a-fortune. Apparently they have weekly tastings, happy hour ... as I said, I'll be back (again and again and again).

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Good food and for resort- reasonable price. My wife said the Huevos Rancheros were the best she's had. $13 and gluten free. If you are like me and want your coffee right away, tell the server you want a cup right away and bring the pot after (they bring you a pot for the table & cup) other wise you could wait 10 plus minutes if they are busy, 5 minutes if not busy.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a delicious and leisurely breakfast on Sunday morning -- you can choose from buffet or a la carte. A nice was to start the day.