“A Beautiful Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
Billings, Montana
“A Beautiful Getaway”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful, relaxing, peaceful, positive energy....just a few words to describe the Cottage Inn and Spa as well as the owner and staff. I highly recommend a night (or more!!) at this phenomenal Inn! A great central location for shopping, historical sight-seeing, and wineries.

1 Thank char a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Billings MT
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had the awesome opportunity to visit this beautiful inn for the second time. This time my 4 co-workers and friends, from Montana, were able to come as well. We did not arrive until midnight and the owner Faye graciously welcomed us and escorted us to our respective rooms. We got to stay 3 nights and it was an awesome, relaxing and bonding time outside of work. I enjoyed everything about this visit and serene location. The staff were amazing and went out of their way to make this visit special. They helped book dinner reservations, tours, and even printed our boarding passes for us.

Freshly baked pastries were on our door at 8 A.M. The pastries and fresh fruit was a special treat. After a long day of travel having a Massage in the morning started the weekend off right. Gloria was amazing. The massage therapists there certainly must be some of the very finest. Our entire group got massage and each of us thought our therapist was the best!

The square was bustling with interesting friendly people. We went to the Farmers Market on Friday morning and added to the fresh fruit supplied in our room. Tom gave us all a ride in the "old" Chevy, I felt like I was in a parade as we rode to a wonderful restaurant for dinner. We walked down the bike path and loved the beautiful roses and wild flowers along the path of vineyards and view of the hills. Free wine tasting passes were a added bonus.

The North Suite was a beautiful room with a great kitchen that allowed our whole group to come together enjoy a meal and relax by the glass fireplace. The view into the courtyard was beautiful in the day as well as at night. The Paradisio Room was a wonderful retreat to visit with the "Fire and Ice Fountain."

Over all the most relaxing and wonderful retreat I have ever experienced! I would highly recommend this Inn. I now want to bring my husband for a romantic getaway!

1 Thank gummby
Billings MT
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My co-workers and I came from Montana and had the awesome opportunity to spend 3 nights at this beautiful inn. Even though we did not arrive until nearly midnight, Faye, the Inn owner warmly welcomed us and showed us to our respective rooms. I got to stay in the North Suite. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I loved the glass fireplace and all the little attentions to detail. The picture window in the seating area looks out into a courtyard with a beautiful fountain and colorful flowers. In the morning fresh pastries were delivered warm from the bakery. We enjoyed the short stroll to the square and the friendly town of Sonoma and our hike on the bike path. We even had the pleasure of riding in the "old" beautiful Chevy as Tom drove us to our dinner reservation. I was so much fun! During our stay we all received massages. Once again probably the best massage I have ever had. Gloria had wonderful healing hands, on the web video it says some of the best massage therapists; and I do believe that, because my co-workers had other therapists and we all thought our own therapist was the best. We spent time in the evening visiting in the magnificent Paradisio room with it's unique and beautiful fountain fireplace. I cannot say enough positive things about my entire experience. I would recommend this inn to any one traveling to the wine country. A peaceful, serene and nurturing environment with the most helpful, friendly staff I have ever encountered are there to greet you.

Room Tip: I loved the North it has a very nice kitchen and we were able to cook for the group there. It also h...
1 Thank gummby
US
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our second time here, our third weekend trip to Sonoma -- for the 2nd trip we tried the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa, which we did not like nearly as well as the Cottage Inn. The Cottage location is infinitely superior, it is sweet and personal and unique (none of which applies to the Sonoma Mission Inn, lovely as it is). The breakfast did not wow us (the baking was somewhat mediocre) but this did not detract much from the overall experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Cottage Inn and Spa for a long weekend. The rooms are beautiful and the morning breakfast is a great personal touch. We loved having a kitchen and fridge in the room so we could keep cheese and wine we purchased throughout the day. The location is right off the square so after a day of wine tasting we enjoyed being able to walk to

We kickstarted our relaxing weekend with a massage and delicious glass of wine at the spa. The massage did wonders at helping my neck, which had previously been bothering me. Faye, the owner has an amazing spirit, you can feel her calming nature throughout the Inn.

For those of you who are addicted to the Internet (we are!) We had great internet the entire weekend - but I would encourage you to shut down and get out in Sonoma!

One of the best aspects of staying here is you get a complimentary wine tasting card that gets you into 30 wineries for free tasting for two people! It was a great perk for the weekend!

Overall we had an extremely memorable weekend with Cottate Inn and Spa and already can't wait to return!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room - we've stayed in the Mission Suite and Fountain View Cott...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am always curious how people can give 1 or 2 stars to a place that is as nice as the Cottage Inn. I guess you can't please them all. As far as our stay, it was fantastic. We had the Mission Room which is in the very front of the Inn. So, you have a large patio to watch the world go by and also a private patio to the side. After many trips to Napa, this was our first to Sonoma...we will go back and when we do...we will stay at The Cottage Inn for sure. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. Also, as an added perk, you get a wine tasting card good at numerous places in the area. Saved us about $200 with that alone. They are perfectly located to the town and the bike path. We rented bikes one day and did tastings that way. A lot of fun. There is no TV....but, who needed it ;)
My only negative and its a small one, is they should put a glass door on the shower. Otherwise, you are attacked during your shower by the curtain while taking a shower.
Don't hesitate...book it now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in the beautiful Mission Suite at the Cottage Inn and Spa in April. Words cannot fully express how special this time was. This time I was traveling alone, after spending time overseas. The room was immaculate, the bed was so comfortable, but the spa bath is what brought it altogether. I soaked in the wonderful bath salz provided by the Inn ~ let the relaxation begin ~ the jacuzzi tub was the best. I was treated to delicious pastries, designer tea, and fresh fruit each day. Faye Behrens and her staff treated me like royalty. During my stay I indulged in two massages with Gloria and Jennifer - talk about pampering! Shopping and gormet restaurants were less than a 5 minute walk from the front door of the Inn. To top it all off was the tranquil and beautiful Paradisio Room with music, a fountain and amazing fireplace. Recommend you check out the Cottage Inn and Spa - it's the best place to stay if visiting Sonoma. I've stayed there at least 8 times in the past 6 years!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet. The North Suite, Studio, and Mission Suite have kitchens. The NorthSuite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to The Cottage Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!