The Cottage Inn & Spa was a nice place to stay for one night during our two week road trip from San Fran to Seattle. But, given that it was the most expensive place we stayed, we expected it to be the best, and it was not. I guess you're paying for the location.
- The location makes the experience. The B&B is one block from the town square, where you can walk around and visit many wineries without having to get in your car! The town of Sonoma is very quaint and we happened to be there on a Tuesday night, which is when their Valley of the Moon Farmer's Market occurs every week from 5:30 until dusk.
-The staff was very nice and helpful. We arrived at the B&B around 4:30 PM and were leaving the next day, so our time was limited. The woman at the front desk gave us a lot of information and suggestions about the various wineries in the square (most of which close by 6 PM, although a few stay open until 7 PM) and helped us make the most of our short time in Sonoma. Also, she recommended that we eat at The Girl and The Fig, one of the few restaurants that stays opens late in the town, which we enjoyed.
- We stayed in the Chapel room and thought it was very nice (it is one of the smallest and cheapest rooms at around $250). There was a comfortable bed (although my husband found it too soft), a fireplace and a hot tub in the room. It was a beautiful night and we found it very romantic.
- As others has said, this breakfast was a let down. There is cereal and fruit in your room when you arrive (with milk and juice in the mini-frig), and there is not very good coffee for you to make yourself in the morning (I needed to buy better coffee in the square once we headed out for the day). A little after 8 AM, "pastries" are left on your door knob, but they looked very much to us like the croissant and muffins you buy at Costco -- which taste good, but are not what we were expecting. Compared to a B&B we stayed at the next night in Mendocino there is absolutely no comparison between their breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A block from Sonoma’s quaint town square, step into The Cottage Inn &Spa and be transformed by its peaceful courtyards and award-winning Mediterranean architecture. Luxury private suites feature cathedral ceilings, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, and king beds. A Zen Garden Spa offers therapeutic couples massage treatments in a calming atmosphere. Complimentary wine tasting passes to many Sonoma Valley wineries, WIFI and health club privileges are included. Experience romance and relaxation in one of the most charming areas of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Cottage Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage Hotel Sonoma
- The Cottage Inn And Spa