“I would like to give Cottage Inn 3.5 stars”

The Cottage Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Cottage Inn & Spa was a nice place to stay for one night during our two week road trip from San Fran to Seattle. But, given that it was the most expensive place we stayed, we expected it to be the best, and it was not. I guess you're paying for the location.

Pros:
- The location makes the experience. The B&B is one block from the town square, where you can walk around and visit many wineries without having to get in your car! The town of Sonoma is very quaint and we happened to be there on a Tuesday night, which is when their Valley of the Moon Farmer's Market occurs every week from 5:30 until dusk.

-The staff was very nice and helpful. We arrived at the B&B around 4:30 PM and were leaving the next day, so our time was limited. The woman at the front desk gave us a lot of information and suggestions about the various wineries in the square (most of which close by 6 PM, although a few stay open until 7 PM) and helped us make the most of our short time in Sonoma. Also, she recommended that we eat at The Girl and The Fig, one of the few restaurants that stays opens late in the town, which we enjoyed.

- We stayed in the Chapel room and thought it was very nice (it is one of the smallest and cheapest rooms at around $250). There was a comfortable bed (although my husband found it too soft), a fireplace and a hot tub in the room. It was a beautiful night and we found it very romantic.

Cons:
- As others has said, this breakfast was a let down. There is cereal and fruit in your room when you arrive (with milk and juice in the mini-frig), and there is not very good coffee for you to make yourself in the morning (I needed to buy better coffee in the square once we headed out for the day). A little after 8 AM, "pastries" are left on your door knob, but they looked very much to us like the croissant and muffins you buy at Costco -- which taste good, but are not what we were expecting. Compared to a B&B we stayed at the next night in Mendocino there is absolutely no comparison between their breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TGO42

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I spent two days here and were very happy. The women who run this place pay a lot of attention to detail. The rooms are almost perfect ( no TV cost them one star for me) but if that is not an issue, this place is very nice and Sonoma is great. Good food, good wine, very convenient to downtown. You should know, the town shuts down early, by 10pm it's a ghost town.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a reunion for ten guys looking to explore and enjoy Sonoma. The courtyards and rooms were immaculate, as were several gathering spaces for chatting and relaxing. The proprietors were all accomodating, helpful, and understanding. I highly recommend this resort for groups as well as individuals.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in this amazing Inn this past June. We relied on the wonderful reviews from tripadvisor and other sources and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Vineyard View Suite and we felt like we walked into a fantasy suite. Upon our arrival a wonderful bottle of wine was waiting and fresh fruit and chocolates. The room was immaculate and the bed was super comfortable. It was rather chilly for June while we were there, but it didn't matter since there was a gas fireplace to keep us warm. Every morning we would wake up to an amazing basket of pastries waiting at our front door. It just really started the day right!
The rest of the property is just as phenomenal. The middle of the courtyard has a beautiful fountain surrounded by a majestic seating area to sip wine, hot tea or just read a book in complete solitude.
The owner, Faye, is a unique gem just like her beautiful Inn. We were fortunate enough to spend time with her and learn about why her place is so special.
We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife Kristie and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Cottage Inn and Spa. Being in a business that requires stays at dozens of hotels each year, it was refreshing to experience a place with so much beauty and character. Every inch of the cottage was designed with the customer's comfort in mind. The staff was very friendly and their attention to detail was obvious. The fire and ice fountain, daily fresh fruit/breakfast and peaceful and quiet atmosphere were highlights for us. High marks all around!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A truly lovely spot right off the square in Sonoma. We stayed in The Studio. So romantic.... clean and bright, high ceiling with a ceiling fan, kitchenette and totally private patio. They leave fresh pastries in a basket at your door in the morning.... I felt like I was in a romantic Italian movie.... and I'm extremely picky about all details from cleanliness to unique touches. This place will give you a relaxed and sexy feeling.... ditch your car and walk to wineries, restaurants and the town square. Loved it....

Room Tip: Eat at the Girl and The Fig for the perfect meal....