“Lovely Place”

LaSalette Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalette Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spain Street
Description: Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Lovely to visit once in a while I enjoyed our meal here, however, it was not a "to die for" meal. It's a once in a while kind of place. the food is unusual and some of it too rich.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We celebrated a special occasion here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good Mediterranean/Portuguese cuisine new to us. The staff is delightful. Dishes were delicious. Sangria is best we’ve had.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

This restaurant came as a recommendation from one of the wineries that we had visited earlier in the day (Monday, August 6, 2018). We are always up for trying new types of cuisine and when we were told that LaSalette was a Portuguese restaurant, we jumped at the chance.

The restaurant did not appear to be crowded as my wife and I arrived, and were seated immediately. There was indoor and outdoor seating available and it was such a pretty evening that we decided to dine outdoors.

A server stopped by our table as soon as we were seated and took our drink order. Our waitress came by shortly thereafter to take our dinner order. A few moments later, she stopped by again with a complimentary "shot" made of heirloom tomato and a few other ingredients.

When our waitress came back to take our order, my wife ordered the Bacalhau no Forno which was a traditional baked casserole of north Atlantic salt cod, potatoes, onions and olives. I ordered the Pacific Wild Caught Bluenose Sea Bass Filet which was wood oven roasted and served on a bed of grilled yellow corn, collard greens, and molho cru which is a Portuguese Chimichurri Sauce.

My sea bass was very delicious and cook perfectly! It was light and flaky with a buttery taste. The accompaniments were a nice and delicious added touch. My wife had a couple of bites left of her meal, so she gave it to me. I don't know that I've ever eaten Salt Cod before. It was very good as well, and you could really taste the potatoes.

While both plates were very delicious, I thought they were on the pricier side for the amount of food you received; $25 for my wife's meal and $27 for mine. No sides came with them, just what I described above.

I don't ever recall eating Portuguese food before, which is what appealed to me about trying LaSalette. However, not sure what traditional Portuguese fare consists of so I don't know really what I was expecting. Guess I was expecting something more / different.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

This was recommended to us by the people at the hotel we stayed with....We had just been to Spain last year and had been curious about the Portuguese cuisine.

We had the octopus and sardine appetizer, the pork and clam stew, the seafood stew, and the rice pudding dessert. Everything was excellent, the ambience was nice and the staff, very efficient but unobtrusive. The only improvements to make everything perfect: shelling and deveining the shrimp in the seafood stew, offering us a bowl for our shells (both our entrees had shellfish) and saucers and a knife when they brought us the dessert, which we clearly told them we were splitting.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Wonderful meal & service. Nice dining options inside and out. Lot of menu options. We particularly liked the fish preparation, which is superb. Good selection of Portuguese wines to complement a local selection.