“You can't get better than this!”

LaSalette Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalette Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spain Street
Description: Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Fisherman's stew, a sampler platter appetizer, and the creme dessert and we have found heaven.
I can't remember more solicitous service with great little extra touches.
I completely agree with my friends that this is one of the great restaurants in the Sonoma Valley.
Will be back often for sure.

1  Thank oldjgw
There are newer reviews for LaSalette Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We having been making this a must visit every trip to Sonoma for five years. We had three beautiful days in Sonoma with days in the 70s. We opted to eat outdoors. They offer wine flights of local or Portuguese wines. Three really nice Sonoma whites were our choice. The cuisine is Portuguese inspired. My wife had the beef tongue with chanterelles and I had pasta with with day boat scallops. Both were very tasty and nicely presented. The desserts are equally delicious. We went for a trio of pastries in a custard sauce. The fig cake ice cream sandwich was great. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go again.

1  Thank paneb
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The name is tricky it sounds French. But the cuisine is Portuguese and if I had know that I would have gone sooner. I tried the special of the fish of the day roasted to perfection in a searing hot oven. Served on a fresh tomatoes and fingerling potatoes. It was very good. We also went for the flight of Portuguese wines as we were not familiar with any of them on the menu. It made the dinner special. I would go back!

1  Thank jas55_10
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed this restaurant during a recent visit to the California Wine Country. For a Monday evening, the establishment had a nice crowd; we had made a prior reservation as the restaurant had been highly recommended. The food and service were both very good, the atmosphere and surroundings were excellent, right off the downtown square in a side alley street. Had it been a bit warmer, there was a quaint outdoor seating area that would have been great. My only regret is that we didn't bring in our own wine, as the restaurant wine list was good but a bit limited in selection.

1  Thank Foodwinegoofnut
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I made a impromptu trip to Sonoma for 3 days, and as usual, finding the best restaurants was the first thing on my list. Having to choose from 6 places on my short list, our driver posed the question, "when was the last time you had Portuguese?". After a long travel day from the east coast and a quick stop at a winery, we ventured to LsSalette.

We loved the ambiance, food and service. I started with the beet salad, which was flavorful and exciting. For dinner I had the New York Steak, which was prepared on top of a bed of potato fries and topped with a fried egg! The favor of this dish was spectacular, so good that I was fighting away my wife's fork the entire time.

We chose to bring a nice vintage reserve Cabernet Sauvignon with us from the winery we visited prior, which our server happily opened for us with a modest corkage fee

I can't wait to eat Portuguese again, although I am not sure it will taste as good as LaSalette.