“Atmosphere was such a turnoff we left before we ordering.”
Review of Meritage - CLOSED

Meritage
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St West
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The restaurant has terrible acoustics and apparently a huge and very lively bar scene that can be heard throughout the restaurant. We couldn't hear one another across the table over the din, so we had to leave.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went here before the Fourth of July fireworks when most of the restaurants were busy and this one was no exception but we were able to get reservations. It was very hot and we didn't want to drink too much; besides their wine list seems a bit over-priced, so we opted for a white sangria ($24) which was quite good. We shared 8 oysters for $22 and I suspect they were at least a day old (it was a holiday) as they did not taste fresh. We both opted for pastas with seafood - a linguini and a black fettucchine with shrimp and zucchini. They were both good but at $20 and $21 each probably good profit centers for the restaurant. While the service was very good the food was just OK and not interesting enough or a good enough value to bring me back. There are a lot of other restaurants in Sonoma that are better.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

On a quiet weeknight evening, with very few patrons, it still took our table 15 minutes to get water. Then 15 to get drinks. Then food. But the food was good.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The noise level in the interior was high, so we sat out on the rear patio. For such a relatively up-market establishment, the furniture and fittings out there could do with an upgrade. As for the food, it was good without impressing me enough to think it was excellent.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The meritage was not the highlight of our trip in Sonoma but the spinach linguini is worth writing this review. I am normally not a big pasta fan but for some reason this sounded good to me that particular evening. It was delicous. I ate the entire plate and my fiance and I split a strawberry and pecan dinner salad and it was delicious.

The wine I ordered tasted terrible. I believe it was a Pinot Noir and I could barely drink it. I was suprised to be sold such a terrible tasting glass of wine in Sonoma.

The back patio is drab and the tables look like they need a good scrubbing, however sitting inside was not an option because it was a beautiful evening so we overlooked the less than appealing decor and enjoyed the weather. We will return to Sonoma next year but will most likely skip this place. It had great pasta but dinner was $100 and it just wasn't worth it.