“Busy but Tasty”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Reviewed September 12, 2007

G&TF was real busy on a Monday night and I struggled with service sometimes but the food was very tasty and just what I needed. The wines are almost exclusively Rhone style which is unusual and very much welcomed with me.

I had a fine fig green salad and a hearty and delicious pork chop all washed down with a few fine glasses. Worth the wait.

1  Thank Cloner
Write a reviewReviews (3,438)

Reviewed September 4, 2007

We went somewhere else for dinner but since we were staying nearby, we went to The Girl & The Fig for an after-dinner drink. We were coaxed into dessert while we were there and we are so glad we did! The dessert had peaches and an almond cake and was so delicious that we wanted another. It's also a very fun bar with a great bartender that treated us like locals.

* We were staying at the Sonoma Hotel and ate dinner at Della Santina, and recommend both!

1  Thank visitDC
Reviewed August 28, 2007

After a hot day ping-ponging through Sonoma Highway's plentiful wineries, we were looking forward to a quiet meal in a cool spot. The girl and the fig was divine! We sat outside on the garden patio which is lit by candles and lanterns. The atmosphere was perfect California casual. It was a perfect meal in a romantic setting. We'll
definitely return!

1  Thank ashtraveller
Reviewed August 21, 2007

My husband and I spent two nights in Sonoma and stayed at the El Dorado right across the street. I had one of the best meals I've ever had at The Girl & The Fig. It was delicious. The setting was great, inside and out. There's a nice bar area inside, and the bartender was friendly and helped us chose our wine (it's a bit overwhelming with all of those choices...) We sat outside, under a heater. The waiter brought us a sample of cheese and sausage which was huge (and free!). I had the signature fig salad (delicious!) and the grilled polenta entree (even more delicious!) He had the pork tenderloin special. The desert was so-so (the creme puffs were frozen) but dinner and the evening were just perfect! I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Sonoma!

2  Thank cburch22
Reviewed August 11, 2007

excited because of what we read...but disappointed overall. Service was exceptional...friendly without being too familiar. But having just having fried green tomatoes from heaven (at the Cafe Beaujolais in Mendocino)..these were heavy on the bread crumbs, and without flavor .. Hunky vs. velvety. As for the famed Toasted Cheese sandwich...where's the cheese? And the bread an inch thick. And a teasoon of tomato coulin. We would not return in the future. Arroyo Grande, CA

2  Thank BobLinda