“Great brunch”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Alamo, California
“Great brunch”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Sat in the courtyard on a beautiful Sunday morning with my husband. Ate radishes and the best darned grilled cheese sandwich ever.

• Visited June 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lovely”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ate at the girl & the fig on our last evening in Sonoma. We must have heard 5 or 6 recommendations for this restaurant during our 5 day stay. The day we went was chillier than others during our stay and when I saw we were seated outside I was concerned at first but it was unfounded. They had heaters placed strategically around the patio and I was comfy and warm during our meal. The patio location is very pleasant. There is great ambience constructed through what we were guessing were previously pieces of a barn, vegetation and a nicely organized set-up. I noted in a previous review that my fiance wanted to propose at another restaurant but didn't and I asked him at this location if we'd been at this table if he'd have felt ok doing so and he said yes. I guess that means this is a good romantic spot. Our food was excellent, my drink was excellent and the service was excellent. I had fish that was to die for. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the "go-to" restaurant in Sonoma.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank quinnlavin
California
“Good but not great”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The best thing about the Girl and the Fig is that it's in Sonoma, right across from the plaza. It's a nice place to have lunch after a day of moseying around town and shopping in the wonderful little shops nearby. It has a very good menu, and the food is good, if not exactly memorable. Watch out for the quiche: it's heavy on the eggs and light on cheese, which makes the texture fluffy, almost tasting runny. The flavor was good, however. One thing I like is their "wine flight" offering; a taste of three different wines from the same varietal.

Visited June 2014
“Lived up to expectation”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We had heard that this was a great place. Well it did not disappoint. We had a 5:30 Rez on Friday night and the place was hopping. The portions are large and plentiful. Everything we had was great. First up we has the mussels, cooked in a fabulous broth delicious. My wife ordered the radish salad with anchovy butter and then the onion soup. Both were great. We has heard about the grilled cheese, and it turned out to be great. Did I mention the large portions of French fries that come with everything. Finally I had the Duck, and it was cooked to perfection.
Friendly wait staff, not to loud the place is a real treat if you are in Sonoma.

Visited June 2014
Benton
“Got right in at Lunch~”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Girl & The Fig gets great reviews from everyone so it was on our list of places to eat. We decided that we'd go at lunch and there was no problem getting in. We asked for the patio seating and it was a lovely area to eat. Lots of greenery and shade and very cozy for a nice lunch with my husband. The restaurant serves country food with a French flair with most of the ingredients being farm to table by many of the restaurant's staff. I had the beef sirloin burger and my husband tried the Quiche Florentine which he said was mostly eggs. I would recommend my burger to others but I don't think he would his quiche. We enjoyed the setting and I enjoyed the small gift shop area. I found the restroom doors amusing. The ladies room was marked with a Barbie Doll and the men's room with a Ken Doll. I would recommend the girl & the fig to others to try once but it did not live up to all the hype for us. Maybe the dinner menu offers more selections and more flavor.

• Visited May 2014