“Good but not great”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The best thing about the Girl and the Fig is that it's in Sonoma, right across from the plaza. It's a nice place to have lunch after a day of moseying around town and shopping in the wonderful little shops nearby. It has a very good menu, and the food is good, if not exactly memorable. Watch out for the quiche: it's heavy on the eggs and light on cheese, which makes the texture fluffy, almost tasting runny. The flavor was good, however. One thing I like is their "wine flight" offering; a taste of three different wines from the same varietal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had heard that this was a great place. Well it did not disappoint. We had a 5:30 Rez on Friday night and the place was hopping. The portions are large and plentiful. Everything we had was great. First up we has the mussels, cooked in a fabulous broth delicious. My wife ordered the radish salad with anchovy butter and then the onion soup. Both were great. We has heard about the grilled cheese, and it turned out to be great. Did I mention the large portions of French fries that come with everything. Finally I had the Duck, and it was cooked to perfection.
Friendly wait staff, not to loud the place is a real treat if you are in Sonoma.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Girl & The Fig gets great reviews from everyone so it was on our list of places to eat. We decided that we'd go at lunch and there was no problem getting in. We asked for the patio seating and it was a lovely area to eat. Lots of greenery and shade and very cozy for a nice lunch with my husband. The restaurant serves country food with a French flair with most of the ingredients being farm to table by many of the restaurant's staff. I had the beef sirloin burger and my husband tried the Quiche Florentine which he said was mostly eggs. I would recommend my burger to others but I don't think he would his quiche. We enjoyed the setting and I enjoyed the small gift shop area. I found the restroom doors amusing. The ladies room was marked with a Barbie Doll and the men's room with a Ken Doll. I would recommend the girl & the fig to others to try once but it did not live up to all the hype for us. Maybe the dinner menu offers more selections and more flavor.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We made reservations for our party of six plus baby and were seated immediately
on the back patio. Our waiter was superb and attentive. For starter cocktails, we sampled the
Fig Royale and the Ginny Rose, to name a couple. You can't go wrong with any of the fig - infused libations, though!
Their soups are delicious and we could recommend asparagus or their tomato - based offerings.
My husband and I had the omelette of the day, which came with a nice salad of greens that was lightly dressed. A meal in and of itself, really. Other ordered items were steak and frites, the pork belly sandwich, Croques Monsieur and with a fried egg added, Croques Madame. All were delicious. Also, the warm bread basket was never left empty until we asked them to stop!
I dare say the sandwiches were huge, so you might think about sharing. On your way out,
snag a jar of their fig jam. Perfect with cheeses for appetizers! So yummy!
The ambience was very pleasant, and afterwards, we crossed into the Sonoma Square Park for an
afternoon stroll. It was a lovely way to kick off a week in Sonoma and Napa wine country.
O

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Literally every person we told we were headed to Sonoma told us we had to go to the girl and the fig. So our expectations were high. But the place did not disappoint. A bit speedy but everything was so good it was more than worth it. A must when in Sonoma.