“Make Sure You Make Reservations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Make Sure You Make Reservations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a perfectly lovely meal at the bar at this restaurant, but we wish we hadn't been at the bar. Relatively early on a Sunday evening (about 6:30 p.m.), it hadn't occurred to us that the wait could be very long. But there was a two-hour wait! The cheese plate and a charcuterie selection were divine, and the soup was terrific, but the sandwiches left a bit to be desired in the bread-to-filling ratio (a bit too much bread to filling). The emphasis on high-quality, local food was nice.

New York City, New York
“delish and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had reservations for lunch and were seated immediately at a table outside in the patio. I felt like I was truly on vacation the moment I sat down. The service was very attentive and the food was really fresh and delicious. Our group had the fig & arugula salad, mussels, meat/cheese platter as appetizers to share. The mussels sauce was so good we asked for more bread for dipping! We also tried the salmon, duck confit and the flounder. Everything was pretty well executed though I found the duck a bit too salty and rich for my own taste. Overall I would recommend this restaurant in the heart of Sonoma.

“Food delicious--service inconsistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I dined here on a Sunday night. The restaurant was pretty busy and we were seated in between two large parties. We enjoyed the food especially the mussels appetizer! Also enjoyed some unique cocktails after a day of wine tasting. The service was slow at times likely because of the large tables and it dragged out the meal to see a dessert menu and get the check.
Overall, a good experience and would highly recommend the girl and the fig for lunch or dinner!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Must dine when in Sonoma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Make sure you book in advance so you don't miss out.
Excellent fresh local food, presented really well.
Good selection of starters, entrees, sandwiches and mains.
Helpful waiters who assist you in selecting a good wine to pair with your food and also portion sizes.
Would have loved to return if we had the time! Especially to try the magnificent dessert and sticky wine menu!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MoochieandBarbie
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Loved the approach; left a little hungry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped here after a morning at B. Wise winery. I'd been snacking on cheese and crackers at the winery so wasn't terribly hungry, but my husband and parents wanted a mid-afternoon bite. We were seated quickly on a beautiful patio. The menu was thoughtful, creative, and locally grown. I ordered soup and an asparagus salad and really enjoyed both, but the portions were slightly smaller than I'd like. If I had it to do again, I definitely would have ordered something a little heartier -- if you go, basically, don't worry about over-ordering because you're unlikely to. You can easily eat a soup or salad and an entree as well and not be stuffed.

That said, we had a nice, leisurely lunch -- and I do love their approach to food. I would go back armed with this knowledge and likely order this gorgeous chicken dish my husband ordered!

• Visited May 2014