“Delicious and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
“Delicious and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely and peaceful dinner. We started with the meat and cheese plate, we had each of the recommended dishes. The only parts we didn't like were the desserts but the evening was still perfect!

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Highly recommended, food was a little eclectic, meaning that they had very different combinations, but all flavorful. Since it is a French restaurant, the 4 stars vs 5 was because it was hard to decipher the menu. You must make reservations or you wont get in.

• Visited February 2014
“Wait staff was exceptional!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

With all the hype, you wonder if a restaurant could live up to expectations. Well the Girl and The Fig did.

We got to the restaurant about 30 minutes early, and were seated right away. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and made some very good suggestions for wine pairings.

My friend had heard about how good the burgers were and just had to try them. She was not disappointed.

I had the plat de jour. I'm really not one for veggies but the avocado salad with carrots, fennel and pine nuts was very tasty. The roasted pork with radishes and apples was very good. My only complaint was there was not enough of the wonderfully sweet glaze to go with the pork.

The third course, dessert, was to die for. The chocolate brittle was buttery, yet full of chocolate flavor. The chocolate pots de creme was wonderful.

Overall a very nice evening. The wait staff was definitely the icing on the cake.

Visited February 2014
“love the salad but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ordered three things. I only liked the fig & arugula salad, it was nice and fresh.The confit duck was on the salty side, which was a bit disappointing since it's quite a basic dish. We also had an oxtail risotto, there was nothing special about it really.

Visited February 2014
El Cerrito, CA
“Best meal we had in Sonoma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We only had three meals while staying in Sonoma, but I believe this was our best one.

In retrospect, my wife and I should have ordered less food (portion sizes are good). The food was solid and well prepared. I would highly recommend getting one of the cheese plates, either as an appetizer or dessert.

Our server was perhaps a little too attentive (he asked us about our meal after every "course"). Otherwise service was solid.

We both don't drink, so it was very nice to see a good selection of non-alcoholic cocktails rather than the usual soft drink or sparkling water.

The space itself seemed a little cramped. We were seated right up against a wall/partition. I'm not a big man, but I felt squished in. The table itself also didn't seem to have a lot of room. But the noise level didn't seem bad at all.

Parking nearby can be an issue. Thankfully there was ample parking behind the historic park about a block away.

• Visited February 2014