“Very nice place in the heart of Sonoma”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It is French bistro type place and food selection is pretty decent. gets very busy so reserve a space if you can. Also has a big bar with full service so you can have a drink and get a meal later without leaving your bar stool. Service is friendly and very nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,720)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! The tomato confit was the pleasant surprise at the end of every bite. The matchstick frites (fries) were the perfect complement to this grilled cheese. It was so delicious I stuck to water to not ruin the taste in any way. I finished off with the Lavender Creme Brulee and the hint of lavender was perfectly placed, not too much not too little. I still dream about this meal.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a mainstay for us in Sonoma, just as August is in NOLA. They are completely different restaurant types. TG&TF is a comfort food and comforting place. The food never has disappointed over more than a decade. Time and again, we are delighted with the food, the ambiance, and the wines. The servers are knowledgeable. It sounds so simple, but we just love it.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant has a beautiful ambiance and the food is definitely delicous and beautiful as well! Our cousins recommended this to us and we are so glad we tried it! Definitely try their cheese plates! Delicious! we tried the Works. It was presented beautifully and was delicious! I tried a the roasted chicken and Yanni tried the pork. Both were amazing, and great portions too! The special was a Port Fig ice cream served on a thin cookie and though we were stuffed, we finished it! It is in the heart of downtown Sonoma, and we were lucky we made an early reservation because there was a line out the door as we were leaving! Definitely go again, and be patient with your server. He was a bit slow... especially as the night went on.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here one evening while we were visiting Sonoma. I had the pork chops and my husband had the duck. I also had the watermelon margarita, which was delicious. This wasn't the best meal that I've ever had, but the food was good and I would go back.