“Great experience...everything I had hoped for”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Atlanta, GA
“Great experience...everything I had hoped for”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were in Sonoma for a business trip and wanted a casual place with a patio. With the weather being absolutely gorgeous, the Girl and the Fig made our evening extremely enjoyable. We were seated immediately on the patio which was perfect. The cool breeze and beautiful ambiance made for Avery enjoyable evening.

My flounder dish was delicious and cooked to perfection. The summer salad was also very good. My wife opted for a steak which was cooked to her liking.

All in all, it was a great dining experience!

• Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We came to this restaurant for dinner during our first trip to Sonoma - the atmosphere was nice and the food was delicious! The only disappointing factor was our waiter who wasn't very friendly and seemed to spend most of his time on other tables. We enjoyed our dinner overall but can't say I would want to go again

Newburgh, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a lunch here on our recent trip to Sonoma and enjoyed it very much. We tried a soup and a cheese sampler for appetizers and then shared an omelet and their burger. The omelet was very average but the burger and fries was delicious.

Napa, California
“French food snotty service”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't get it. What's the hype about?

We were jammed 8 to a table which held 5 comfortably. We were literally sitting on top of each other. We were told all the other tables were reserved for later dinner guests. The table behind us remained empty the entire time we were there.

The server actually told my daughter "the chef does not cook any meat well-done." Well i understand he has a right to his opinion but since when is asking for your steak to be cooked "well-done" a crime?!

I found the whole experience extremely average or below my moderate expectations. If you want to be insulted while you eat an average meal at a too small table eat here. If not , try one of the other 12 places around the plaza.

• Visited May 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-visit!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently made my third visit to the girl & the fig, as it has become a tradition when I visit Sonoma. Every single dish and drink on the menu is delectable, and the dining room is cozy and charming. My favorite dish is the Fig & Arugula salad---the pecans, dried figs, pancetta, goat cheese and port vinaigrette combine to make a creamy, almost-dessert salad. I rave about this salad to anyone planning a trip to wine country.

The selection of cheeses is divine--try the Beehive Cheese Barely Buzzed and the Fleur de Maquis. For dessert, get the port ice cream in the cookie cup. For drinks, try the fig kiss, or lavender mojito. Very unique and refreshing!

I have always had wonderful, truly memorable experiences when I visit this restaurant.