“When go to eat you want taste not simply to eat”
Review of the girl & the fig

the girl & the fig
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: Wine Country Destination restaurant in the heart of Sonoma Valley. Country Food with a French Passion. Seasonal local products, award winning Rhone-Alone winelist, full bar with aperitifs and unique cocktails. Enjoy seasonal garden patio dining.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We dropped in one beautiful November day on our journey through California. We didn't know what to expect but my wife had heard that the girl and the fig was worth a visit. I am never one to argue with my wife so we ended up there..... If you have read this far because you were considering a visit then please book a table now.... We both love food but more than that we love being able to taste our food and the cuisine here allows you to taste the food.... We went simple, cheese and fruit plate to share, bravo 3 great cheeses beautiful mix of not and fruit compote to compliment it, each cheese distinct and delicious. We shared our mains which was the scallops and a fig and goats cheese salad, not only were the plates beautifully presented but were perfectly blended... I have never seen a salad that looked more delicious and tasted exactly as it looked..... Now for he tricky part, the dessert, we selected a lavender creme brûlée. I always think that it's a tough call to find a good creme brûlée add to that one that has to be subtlety flavoured with lavender. Congratulations to the kitchen at the girl with the fig they managed a beautifully smooth dessert with just the right blend of lavender to keep it subtle and avoiding the risk in overpowering the diner..... Well done guys, we will be back in 2013..,.,

1  Thank Shoeboxcouple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food is wonderful and unique. Had lunch from here on our trolley tour and it was fantastic. Ate lunch there also and everything was great and so fresh and organic.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner on the back patio. Started with the goat cheese sampler with selections chosen by our server at our request. My husband enjoyed the short ribs and I had the scallops, both were great. Portions were smaller than average but the flavors made up for that! Our waitress wasn't the most friendly but we didn't let that bother us. Would definitely return here - make reservations!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place is amazing. The food was to die for. I suggest getting the Brussels sprouts and scallops.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

A good choice any time. My moules frites (mussels and French fries) were exceptional, even compared to those on the coast of France. The service was seamless and the ambiance is lovely, comfortable and quiet.