“A Diamond in the (not so) Rough”
other travelers have booked this property
Rocking K Chalk:) Gold Medal Cork!!!1
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Rocking K Chalk:)
Gold Medal Cork!!!1
Bocce Court out the Front Door!
Rocking K Arbor at Night! Perfect for Sipping Pinot
Vineyard View Desk....plan your Sonoma Adventure!
Vineyard Area Settee...
Vineyard Living Area
Vineyard Cottage Kitchen....
Vineyard Kitchen.....Looks out onto the Vineyard! Perfect!
Vineyard Bath Accents:)
Vineyard Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

KevinKaz
San Diego, California
“A Diamond in the (not so) Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Let's face it, I can't really call Sonoma rough, but Char's little Vineyard Cottage is truly a gem! It absolutely earns all 5 out of 5, and certainly warrants my first public review. My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and having the Vineyard Cottage as home base elevated the whole experience. I'll try to break it down:

For the guys (and I'm sure some ladies out there, too):
- Fridge was stocked with an assortment of beverages, including beer (and we're talking Sierra Nevada and the like, not MGD, etc.). You're probably heading to Sonoma to enjoy wine country like we were, but sometimes you just want a beer.
- Tastefully decorated: not too frilly, so you don't feel like you're staying in some tea parlor, but not so masculine or sterile that your significant other feels like they're staying in a man cave. Tastefully neutral, and I appreciate that.

For the ladies (and I'm sure some guys out there, too):
- No TV, so you don't have to worry about your guy ignoring you to watch sports, etc. I'm sure some of you might think this is a negative, but c'mon, if you're going on vacation to watch TV, you might as well stay home. And if it's really important to you there is Free WiFi (although not that strong of a signal, but it's free and it works), so you can bring a laptop or tablet and pull your shows up on Hulu or Netflix or whatever service you use.
- Plenty of closet space, so if you're one to pack your entire wardrobe for a two-night vacation, you'll have room for it!

For everybody!
- Full Kitchen - it's great to have a full kitchen at your disposal, complete with all of the appliances, and this kitchen was one of the best I've seen in a cottage! I love to cook, so we started each day with a full breakfast prepared by yours truly, which ultimately saved us some dollars to spend on our more expensive restaurant dinners.
- Spacious Shower with Great Water Pressure: I don't know about you, but I love strong water pressure. I mean, I'll take a hydrotherapy scalp massage any day over a bath, and this shower sure delivered. If you don't like strong water pressure for your shower, well I guess be warned, but I personally loved it.
- The View! Waking up looking out over a vineyard, especially this time of year with all of the leaves turning, is such a treat. It was very hard to leave that view behind!
- Private and Quiet: Apparently we had neighbors. If it weren't for their car parked next to ours and walking past their door at night when we returned and seeing their lights on, we would have never known. Maybe we lucked out, but Rocking K requests that their guests be respectful up front so I would be surprised if your experience isn't the same. Once in the cottage, though, you basically feel like you're the only ones in the vineyard. It's also gated, go you can feel secure.
- The Bed Was Very Comfortable: We often find beds comfortable to some degree, but they usually end up being too hard or soft and we wake up sore and missing our bed at home. Not this time. This bed was comfy, cozy, and we had no complaints.
- Location: So removed from the world, yet so close! The perfect combination for a getaway, wouldn't you agree? As soon as we were ready to head out to town or go wine tasting at a local winery, we were there in minutes (depending on the destination, of course).
- Clean: That might not cover it, actually... try Pristine!

For the knit-picky:
I'd like to preface this part by saying that we honestly enjoyed our entire stay and weren't dissatisfied with anything. However, in an effort to be fair and point out things that some people might be picky about, I'll say the following:
- No TV/Weak-ish WiFi: Basically restating what I said above. I'm pretty sure they didn't list aTV was included anyway, so it's not really even fair to list it here, but I know some people are hung-ho about their TV time.
- Check-out procedures: Maybe we missed something, but we had trouble remembering when exactly check-out was and what we needed to do. We ended up finding the information online, but we thought it would be with the other paperwork in the room. I also wasn't sure how to open the gate to leave without the remote that I had left behind in the Cottage (after all, it's precious to Char's husband), so I ended up hopping the little wooden fence and punching in the code from the outside. No biggie, and as I said, maybe we just missed something.
- Only about 15-minutes of hot water for showers: This is probably a good thing anyway for water conservation, but that's about the average shower time for my wife, so if she went a little long, she got a little cold. Definitely didn't ruin our experience, though.

That's about all I can think of! All in all, it was an amazing rental with great amenities, at an affordable price. So charming and comfortable, I would love to stay there again (especially since we're about 10 wineries down with over 1,000 to go) and I absolutely recommend it to any couple looking for a getaway!

Thanks Char!

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: What wasn't there to like the best!? It just felt good to be there overall!
Liked least: That I had to leave it all behind and return to the
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$225
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing