“Tri-tip heaven”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Bay Point, California
“Tri-tip heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been a fan of Angelo's for a while now, and I drop by every time I'm in Sonoma. The jerky is very good, and the deli sandwiches are too, but my absolute favorite item they offer is the award winning tri-tip. It's incredibly good, and BY FAR the best I've ever had anywhere. Throwing it on the grill and enjoying the Angelo's-style flavor is always a treat

Every time I've been here, the staff are friendly and helpful, and I will continue coming back for that tri-tip!

Recommended

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Steve K

Pacifica, California
“small place with a lot of flavor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

my friends raved about this place so we stopped in midday on a Friday. the place is small but i had a feeling that something good was going on. we weren't hungry enough for sandwiches so we were able to get tuna salad in a small cup. they were helpful enough to suggest that we add in chopped pickles, tomato and red onion for extra flavor - great call!

as i waited, i sampled the garlic salsa. to die for!

my other friends were enjoying the jerky samples (of which there were many varieties to choose from!) and then ordered a sandwich to share. the sandwich was huge and looked tasty.

all the prices were really reasonable. my only suggestion is that they add a "sin bin" for those who sample a ton of jerky like my friends did...

too bad we had our weekend food all planned or i would have bought BBQ tri-tip and pie for us all. next time!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank harbrsl
“Not just a sandwich shoppe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I always bring a cooler with me and pick up a variety of sausages, ham, tri tip and BACON! All of their meats are packed to freeze. If you are looking for a certain smoked meat/fish/fowl they will ususally have it. Don't forget to pick up a apple pie from apple hill. Bring in your own catch and they will smoke and package it for you.

1 Thank SVAquadesiac
Houston, Texas
“Good dive with good sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

After eating at michelin-rated restaurants and drinking too much wine, this is a perfect low-key (read dive) sandwich shop. There's no atmosphere and the staff wasn't particularly friendly, but the food was good and the prices were reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TexasLady7509
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Sandwiches, Jerky, and Potato Salad....Oh My!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped by here for a sandwich after wine tasting in Sonoma. The store was busy around lunch time, we waited about 15 minutes, and tasted their awesome variety of beef and turkey jerkeys. The jerkey was amazing (and flavorful). My wife and I each had a sandwich, both of which were LOADED with meats (and toppings). They hand you a small piece of paper to mark what you want on your sandwich, then make it while you wait. We split a small order of potato salad, and were stuffed by the time we finished our food. You really get your money's worth here, and won't leave hungry. They also have their products (seasonings, BBQ sauce, marinara sauce, etc.) and meats for sale at the deli. If you need sandwiches for a quick picnic in Sonoma, this is a great place to get a fantastic sandwich!

• Visited August 2012