“One Of The Best In Sonoma”
Review of Cafe La Haye

Cafe La Haye
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe La Haye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street East
Description: Cafe La Haye is a 34 seat American Bistro in the town of Sonoma serving locally sourced cuisine.
York, Pennsylvania
“One Of The Best In Sonoma”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Was in Sonoma for five days at the end of March. The first evening there I took a chance and showed up at Cafe La Haye without a reservation and was seated immediately by a very welcoming host. The service,meal,ambience and wine were excellent. Only regret was not going back during my stay there. I will know better the next time!!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is one of my favorite restaurants of all time. The dining room is very small, so plan ahead. Their menu and wine list are small, but very well thought out. The host is warm and welcoming and the staff is attentive and very knowledgeable. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals and the entire evening. I highly recommend Cafe La Haye!

1 Thank SFabs
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Every single thing was delicious. Great combinations, great wine pairings (and, I don't even love wine!)”
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
“Very enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Funny to see such negative reviews here among some good ones. We had a great dining experience at Cafe Le Haye. We were seated right away (with a reservation) and had a delicious meal. Portions were just right and the service was excellent. It was very small inside, but that just gave it a European feel to me. Only one small negative, and I do mean small, the lighting inside could have been dimmer, but believe me that is not a big deal. We would definitely go back again for a return visit, it is our new favorite!

Miami, Fl
“Cafe La Haye needs improvement”
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Our concierge at the Fairmont Mission Inn steered us away from the Generals Daughter Restaurant to Cafe La Haye. I had not read the reviews posted herein so I did not know not to listen.

We reserved at 8pm on 7/17. The restaurant is severely understaffed. Our waitress was very very nice but stretched thin hurrying between tables & the kitchen.

The menu is small with just 4 or 5 appetizers & entrees. On the night we ate there 2 appetizers & 1 entree were sold out....by 8 pm..... our waitress was polite & apologetic. The food was good, not outstanding. Portions are tiny .

The atmosphere is "bistro style" which is not my favorite since bistro , ususally means loud, crowded & slow service.

I will not be back...........wish I had followed my original instinct..... the Girl & the Fig are much better.

1 Thank Mllto