“Delicious”
Review of Cafe La Haye

Cafe La Haye
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe La Haye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 125 Restaurants in Sonoma
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street East
Description: Cafe La Haye is a 34 seat American Bistro in the town of Sonoma serving locally sourced cuisine.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice staff courteous and delicious food. There were 6 of us and we ordered 6 desserts because we could not decide!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not much of a fish eater, but I will say that the salmon I had here was fantastic! I had a salad as well and some dessert. The server was great about suggesting a pairing that would go well with both the salad and the entree. Nice atmosphere and we were regularly checked in on by the server as well as the manage to ensure everything was fine.

1  Thank stacywine
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This restaurant gets a lot of rave reviews and you go in with high expectations. It is a small space with one too many tables crammed in. We were seated at the one-too-many - I felt like I was in the Marx Brothers movie where they keep bringing in tables. I was precariously close to the staircase & felt I might pitch down it at any moment if I tilted my chair.

We found the wine list very disappointing (this is Sonama people!!) with very few original, local options. I don't go to Napa-Sonoma to order what I can find easily in Dallas. The food was ok, but we were both underwhelmed with flavors and presentation. I ordered a special of the day (quail) which was unappetizingly undercooked (and I am ok with pink). Dessert was uninspired and when I asked for a glass of late harvest local wine I was told they had none on the menu. Oh, well.

We won't go back.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Bistro atmosphere with kitchen visible. Small with tables close together. Not a place for an intimate dinner. Food was good with great presentation.

1  Thank suzieq77
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went to dinner here on a weekday night with friends who also are in the restaurant business. I must say the service is impeccable, the wine list extensive, albeit pricey for comparable sonoma restaurants. In my opinion the food was a bit on the "heavy" side, reminded me of norhtern european cuisine. I had the pork scallopine which was not as tender or pounded out as I would have expected. The flavor was just OK. The beef carpaccio appetizer was unfortunately tasteless and had chewey fat marbled throughout. I could not finish it. Their dessert's were inventive and delicious. It is a quaint restaurant with an open kitchen that contributes to a very nice ambience, but there are other restaurants on the square that offer more bang for your buck.

1  Thank redevvl