“Not great - just average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe La Haye

Cafe La Haye
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe La Haye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street East
Description: Cafe La Haye is a 34 seat American Bistro in the town of Sonoma serving locally sourced cuisine.
San Diego
“Not great - just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Food and service were both average at best. My wife had fish that was terrible, and my pork shouler was greasy. Maybe because we were there on a Wednesday night...?

New York City
“#1? Really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to a few places while in Sonoma and were quite disappointed by Cafe La Haye. Maybe it was the hype of the #1 rating. The menu was underwhelming, as the few dishes on the menu seemed pretty run of the mill. The food itself was just ok. The tuna was a bit overcooked and the chicken was a little greasy. The service, while friendly enough, was extremely rushed. While I don't think the service was intentionally rushed we were literally in and out of the restaurant in 35-40 minutes. At the end of the day there are quite a few other restaurants I would go to in Sonoma before Cafe La Haye.

• Visited October 2012
USA
“It doesn't get any better than this little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant and we called very last minute and it was of course booked. We explained we had a last minute "situation" and they offered us a table outside. Are you kidding me...on the most gorgeous night of the year in Sonoma we get a table at the most amazing restaurant with outside seating! We couldn't believe our good luck. The service was amazing and the food was literally out of this world as was the wine selection. I am a vegan and although they don't have vegan options on the menu they were more than generous in preparing me the best meal of my life. I speak for all 6 of us when I say it was the best meal of my life. This chef is a star and prepared the freshest most flavorful food with excellent service. If you visit Sonoma GO HERE! Do not ask for the outside table as it doesn't exist (it was a special one time offering and I can not thank everyone there for making our friend's birthday celebration the best, most perfect and most fun evening! This is my new favorite restaurant and I can't wait to return!

montgomery alabama
“quaint sonoma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

had dinner on a midweek nite. the restaurant is on the main street off the square, with a small sign, which was hard to find. it is a small restaurant with close tables. the food was good, and the wine selection was good. the waitress was a little innattentive, as she would disappear at times, even tho the restaurant was not busy. overall good.

washington, dc
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was very excited to try this restaurant after reading all the great reviews. We went here for our anniversary dinner, and just found it to be okay. The host was very nice and friendly, the waitress seemed not so much. Our food was okay, not bad, just not quite up to the hype. Still had a pleasant dinner and a nice time. I think when we go back, we'd opt for the girl and the fig or El Dorado Kitchen.