“One of our favorites for years”
Review of Cafe La Haye

Cafe La Haye
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe La Haye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street East
Description: Cafe La Haye is a 34 seat American Bistro in the town of Sonoma serving locally sourced cuisine.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Cafe La Haye has been our dining spot of choice for 7 or 8 years. Sol Gropman, the owner and host is a great guy and works hard to make certain that your meal is wonderful. Food is always consistent, fresh, and delicious. Just go and enjoy.

1  Thank MichaelQQQ
There are newer reviews for Cafe La Haye

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Having read the trip advisor reviews, we called cafe LaHaye where we were informed that while they were booked, they did have walkin seating and we should wander down. When we got their, Saul the owner, told us that all the walk in seating was taken, if we were willing to wait for a table to open up, he could probably accommodate us in about 30 min. He took our phone number & promised to call. We didnt give him a chance, returned early, and within a few minutes were seated. It was well worth the wait. We each got a salad ( beet for him, watermelon for me) that were delicious. We had the pan seared quail and the corn, tomato, & basil risotto & both were fantastic. We shared the butterscotch pudding which was so good, my partner asked if we could go back at lunch for another serving. Saul was the most active restaurant owner I have come across, working the front, the bar, and bussing when needed. A truly engaged owner. Loved the experience and look forward to my next experience.

2  Thank Virginia20171
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We found this place by literally walking around the town. The decor and architecture is wonderful and simple; very comfortable. We had the beet risotto which was ah-mazing and the pork chop meal which was so-so. The service was phenomenal as was the flourless chocolate cake with nut crust and sea salt. They were very accommodating to my celiac disease/dietary issues. Highly recommend it. I might try the scallops next time. They looked incredible.

1  Thank zita99
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were told to go here by a friend and he was right on. Great rissoto and filet. The service was excellent as well.

2  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

When you walk in to the terraced floor plan, everyone in the restaurant looks at you and that's a little discomfitting. But the room is cool, a techie-warehousey feel. Good food, although my salmon was overcooked and the accompanying veggies soggy -- rather average and not what I expected given so many high ratings. Service unremarkable, although it was clear they wanted to move us out and turn the table. Would not be the first place in Sonoma I would recommend.