“Highly Recommended!”

Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed September 13, 2008

My husband and I were recently married in Sonoma. We, along with our family and friends,stayed at the Inn at Sonoma over the Labor Day weekend. I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. It's a short walk from the town square where you'll find shops and restaurants. The breakfast was very good (buffet style). They have fresh cookies throughout the day and wine and snacks in the afternoon. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank winewife
There are newer reviews for Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn

Reviewed September 8, 2008

This was our first time to Sonoma. We saw all the great reviews and had to stay here! The reviews were right on. From the minute we drove up until we checked out, we had a fabulous stay! The room was so cozy and cute, the bathroom was spa-like! They had wine and snacks after we checked in and recommended a great place for dinner and made our reservations for us. When we got back, our bed was turned down and we had mints on our pillows...such a nice touch! Breakfast was so good I had to talk to the chef and find out how she made the egg breakfast casserole...it was delicious with goat cheese! I will for sure stay here again the next time we come to Sonoma which can't be soon enough!! Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marsies14
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This property is the perfect stop for a few nights in Sonoma County. Centrally located, exceptionally personal staff, tastefully decorated rooms, and one heck of a complimentary wine-and-cheese hour made our anniversary one to remember.

We are under 30 and found Sonoma, in general, to be an older crowd. With that being said, the town square, (located 2 blocks / 4 min. away) has a terrific restaurant scene. Girl and the Fig was amazing for dinner and the Ledson hotel bar is equally as good for a nightcap.

We had a deluxe queen room with a nice sized porch that was perfect for relaxing after a day of wine tasting or for champagne toasts prior to going out to eat.

It's too small to call a hotel, yet too big to be called a B&B. It’s a true Inn. The morning breakfast is to die for. They make a great egg dish and throughout the day soda, water and coffee is there for anyone to take.

Make sure you get the 2-4-1 wine tasting vouchers. Literally saved us about 50 bucks.

Folks, we have stumbled upon something special here and we must let others know.

My only complaints:
A. No pool and it was 95 degrees; I would have loved one

B. Front desk manager rudely snarled "Not at this hour!," when my wife asked if we could borrow the bikes at 7:45 for a recreational ride.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Crumz32
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Absolutely a great stay! The inn was located close to everything! Our room was a queen on the ground level right by the lobby, and we never heard a peep! The wine and cheese cocktail hours were great and the breakfasts were perfect. The staff had great pointers and money saving tasting coupons. My husband and I would definately return.

1  Thank BaltNj
Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I just stayed at the Inn at Sonoma for the second time and loved it just as much as the first time! We stayed in a queen size room (last year we had a King) on the second floor and, though the Inn is small, you don't hear a sound. The rooms are cozy and quaint but the small deck outside make the surroundings feel more spacious. Check out the roof-top hot tub!

The breakfast are served buffet-style and the offerings are limited but we love the egg dish each morning. The coffee is delicious and available all day. There is also a wine and cheese hour at the end of each day.

The Inn has Gund teddy bears throughout the place and in each room. I have "adopted" three of them! Definitely worth the money! Too cute to leave behind in the room!

1  Thank amancini
Reviewed August 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Sonoma during the last two nights of our week-long stay in wine country to celebrate our first anniversary. What an Inn!! The staff is friendly, the property is beautiful and clean, and filled with charm.

There are tons of great touches that make this hotel an excellent value. For example, there's free wine and appetizers each night in the lobby. The staff gave us free wine tasting coupons for literally every vineyard that was on our list. There are great bikes available to guests for free, and free sodas, water, coffee, and fresh-baked cookies in the lobby all the time.

The free breakfast is extensive, with two hot items each morning (a quiche and a hashbrown dish) cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. We also got the newspaper each morning. Our room was lovely, with charming details that had modern twists, like a gas fireplace (we only had to flip a switch!). We also had a DVD player (with free movies available at the front desk) and a great patio with table and chairs. Wireless internet is also free (my husband appreciated being able to set his fantasy baseball team in the morning. Men.)

We had a great time, and although I originally thought the price was on the high side ($215 for Thursday night; $270 for Friday) I quickly learned what a bargain that is in wine country where a basic motel room goes for close to $200 a night.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the staff- while incredibly nice- seems a bit inexperienced. We arrived early and when I asked if our room was by any chance ready, the woman kind of blinked at me and said "Check in isn't until 3." I said it was fine and could we store our luggage somewhere, and she just seemed kind of confused. Other than that, they were all very friendly and helpful. We'll be back.

1  Thank CityChic_Hil
Reviewed August 24, 2008

A wonderful place to stay when visiting Sonoma Wine Country. Warm, friendly staff; clean, cozy guestrooms. Outstanding, sumptuous breakfast is provided daily as part of lodging package. Great location: walking distance to Sonoma Plaza, which has some outstanding restaurants )e.g. Della Santina). We loved the opportunity to rent bicycles and tour some wineries (e.g. Sebastiani, Ravenswood, Buena Vista). My wife and I vacation in wine country frequently and would highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Sonoma.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicagolar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!