We stayed in a beautiful, brand-new, spacious room (#23) july 13-14.
The front desk staff were very friendly and even gave us a tour of the new room personally at check in.
The freshly-baked cookies and coffee were delicious.
The Inn is walking distance to the downtown square, and we had a great dinner there.
Also a large, sunny Peets coffee is across the street.
The trouble we experienced came early on and seems to have been mainly a miscommunication between HotelTonight and the Inn. We booked through the HotelTonight mobile app, which charges your cc immediately, sending you a confirmation email and # and explaining that you are booked. Normally I would not have called the hotel after receiving the confirmation, but after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I wanted to see if I could request a certain room, if available. Glad I called, because the hotel had no record of my reservation and said they could have a manager call me the following Monday (not helpful as this was Sat afternoon and we needed to be there that evening). I told them that was not going to work as (a) I had already been charged), (b) Monday would be after the time when we needed to be in Sonoma, and (c) our reservation was not going to be their only "problem," because HotelTonight still listed other rooms as available, so surely other guests would be arriving thinking they had reservations. I explained she was going to need to engage her manager / owner and do it quickly. No one ever called me back from the Inn, but I did call HotelTonight customer support, which was really good. They handled it with the Inn directly and called me back to confirm the reservation - around 4:30 pm on Saturday. Not great, but decent given I had made the reservation at noon that day.
Key takeaway - If you book through HotelTonight, you will want to call the hotel directly shortly after to confirm they have you confirmed on their end. If you have trouble, work through HT's customer service vs the hotel's front desk staff, which is likely unaware of management's efforts to sell excess inventory through channels like HotelTonight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with the quiet pace, beautiful vistas and fabulous food and wine of the Sonoma Valley. Coupled with a year-round temperate climate, this is a wonderful place to explore - no matter what the season. Conveniently located just two blocks from the historic Sonoma Plaza, the Inn at Sonoma is the perfect destination for your Wine Country visit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Sonoma - a Four Sisters Hotel Sonoma
- Inn At Sonoma - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Hotel Sonoma
- Inn Sonoma
- Sonoma Inn