“Charming and Friendly Inn”
Review of Sonoma Creek Inn

Sonoma Creek Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Charming and Friendly Inn”
Reviewed November 21, 2005

My mother and I spent two wonderful nights at the Sonoma Creek Inn. They graciously provided a twin size rollaway when we checked in and realized that the room only had one queen bed. The front desk gave us wine tasting coupons and suggested restaurants and arranged dinner reservations. We were delighted with our patio room, the decor is bright and cheery, the bathroom was sparkling clean, spacious and probably the best lit I've ever come across in a hotel. I highly recommend the Sonoma Creek Inn for it's charm, service and affordability.

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed November 13, 2005

This hotel was so noisy and not comfortable. The noise from the street cars is bad (very loud). The noise that came from the heater alone will keep you up all night. It's a very loud old heater. And when it stops it really wakes you up. I didn't sleep all night. The bed was very uncomfortable. If your partner moves the slightest you really feel it. Black Mold inside the toilet. It appears to be clean until I took a bath and looked up into it from the tub. Yuk!!!! I am sorry to say I do not recommend this hotel unless you don't mind the noise and you can sleep on most anything. Couples interested in having a romantic getaway. Spend a little more. That's what a vacation is all about. Make sure you ask the hotel if the room is facing the street.
If they say yes then don't ever take a room like that unless it is in the sticks and there are no cars.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Director of Marketing at Sonoma Creek Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2005
I was shocked to read this review regarding this guests stay at the Sonoma Creek Inn. Unfortunately, the guests never notified the innkeeper about their experience at the Sonoma Creek Inn and once we saw this on tripadvisor.com we attempted to contact the guest via email but have never heard back from them. In contacting the guest, it was our hope to make the situation up to them. Unfortunately, we were not given this opportunity.

We take this guests comments very seriously and immediately had our maintenance department look at the heater and our housekeeping review the bathroom. All problems in the guestroom have been corrected.

Please know that Sonoma Creek Inn is indeed best for a traveler seeking a welcoming place in wine country without the wine country prices. In no way do we refer or want to convey that the inn is a romantic getaway and we are so very sorry that the guest had this impression. The Sonoma Creek Inn is truly a wonderful option for anyone looking to go to Wine Country but not spend a fortune on a hotel.

It sounds as though the guests were looking for more of a three-diamond or four-diamond hotel for their stay which there are plenty of options in Sonoma. We pride ourselves on being a great alternative to these pricey accommodations in town and being able to offer charming rooms at the same time!

Again, we are so sorry that Sonoma Creek Inn did not meet this guests expectations.

Atlanta GA
Reviewed October 4, 2005

Although not directly in Sonoma, the Inn is located in Boyes Hot Springs which is only 2 miles north. We loved Sonoma Creek Inn - our room was decorated just like on the website, and it had a cute little private patio with a fountain. Also, next door is a wonderful breakfast and lunch place - the meals are original and tasty. We enjoyed our stay, and you will too!

9 Thank ustravlr
Montreal
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Maybe a little noisy, but the decorating is so charming.
A great bargain among all the pricey wine country accommodations.

• Stayed May 2005
10 Thank Fannie_Mtl
Reviewed June 22, 2005

As a frequent business traveler on a budget, I have learned to find those hidden gems amongst the abundance of cookie-cutter chain motels and overpriced historic inns. One of those diamonds in the rough is the Sonoma Creek Inn, where I have gladly spent my travel dollars on several occasions, both on business and pleasure. I have found the Inn to be a constant travel value, far lower than comparable facilities in the Sonoma area, with the cleanest rooms I possibly have ever stayed in, and attentive and caring service from the entire staff.

So, it was of great concern that I read the previous review, and immediately contacted the Inn's manager to see what the situation was, since I had an upcoming reservation and wanted to know about the possible issues. I was assured by Shana, the manager, that everything was in order, and that the previous review was very misleading.

The issue had been a clogged toilet, which is commonplace in just about every hotel I have ever stayed in, which includes everything from Days Inns to the Plaza in New York. While I certainly agree with the reviewer that the plunger situation could have been handled better, there is laughably no health code violations in having a clogged toilet, if that were the case, every home in America would be uninhabitable at one time or another. Furthermore, the manager pointed out that the guest was both given a discount on their room, along with a bottle of wine, which makes me think that "never offered to help us or do anything for the problem" is just a bunch of post-stay hyperbole.

As far as being charged for the water, I have dropped $300 a night or more on many far more luxurious hotels, and without fail been charged for the water I consumed in the room.

The Sonoma Creek Inn occupies a niche...a spotlessly clean, comfortable room that I can look forward to coming back to after a day's work on travel, and know that I'll enjoy a pleasant and restful night. If this is cheap, then I guess I'm all for it.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 20, 2005

We had a big family event to go to in Sonoma and we found the Sonoma Creek Inn, 239 Boyes Blvd., ......and rented 4 rooms for our other guests coming in from many places around the world......

The room was pleasant, however the photo was very misleading showing a large attached patio ....etc..........it was very small and not at all what the photo claimed we would have with this room.....

I asked for some water and was told it would be put on my bill...they were rude and very unfriendly....oh well .... it is a cheap place after all .......so they needed to make money on everything......

But, when one of the couples we rented the room for had a major toilet problem and watering was pouring from the toilet....no one responded and when someone finally did...(he could not use the bathroom) he was handed a plunger.........We were staying over 3 days.........the management was very scarce and never offered to help us or to do anything for this problem/

Buyer Beware............when it is cheap you get what you pay for........but the plumbing problem is against the health code and this place should be cited............we are planning on doing this again next year.........NOT STAYING AT THE SOMONA CREEK INN!!!!

(10 guests)

10 Thank TravelerBT
Reviewed April 12, 2005

Stayed here for 3 nights 6th thru 8th and found it to be a delightful choice. Ok, so its in a so so hood, big deal - so is the Mission Spa (at triple the price) which is practically on the same block. Personally, we go to Sonoma for the wine, food, laid back locals & fantastic scenery. What you save at the Creek Inn will enhance all. As for the neighborhood, I got up early every morn and walked the short distance up to Boyes Springs for Java at the Barking Dog. Some of the best coffee around. Certainly not chi chi, but if you like spots where the friendly locals hang out, then this is it. The location is also perfect for heading out to some of the best wineries in the valley.

• Stayed April 2005