“Only if you must”
Review of Sonoma Creek Inn

Sonoma Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for two days when up in Sonoma for a friend's wedding. You wont be disappointed if you what you are getting in advance: 1) this a motel, 2) when they say "courtyard view" what they mean is a view of the parking lot 3) not in a "cute" part of town (i.e. suburban, residential, with the occasional trailer). That being said, the rooms themselves, albeit small with a decent size bathroom, are newly renovated with cute 50's style posters on the wall. The bed is very motel-like, and there is a cat that occasionally sneaks into your room. The front staff people are not particularly warm and told us when we checked in that we shouldn't excessively party or throw chairs out of the windows (I think as a joke?).
Bottom line: overpriced, stay somewhere else if you can. I would recommend the rooms with the patios so at least you are not staring at a parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharona B

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We found this hotel by searching on Travleocity. My friend and I were on a roadtrip across California and didn't want to spend too much money. This place exceeded our expectations. It was cute, quaint, and comfortable. Plus...it is close to the town's center and close to many winerys. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the 2nd year staying here and I will be back. It offers a great location along with solid rooms and a great staff. There is a breakfast place attached to the inn and dinner establishments are a short walk up the street! This place offers all that you need at a reasonable rate! I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: I am not sure if all rooms have patios but mine did and that was room 11.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Boerner820
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We LOVED this little inn. We were a little turned off at first glance by the fact that it's more of a motel, but it was very quaint and the rooms were lovely. We stayed in a lower floor room that had its own private patio. The rooms were neat and clean and the hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The little diner around the corner was amazing and we ate breakfast there every day! We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank melissaworldtraveler
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Here are the pro's of the Sonoma Creek Inn: rooms and bathrooms are spotless and furnished and designed with flair. There is a 1940's CA travel theme to the decorations and if you like vintage-looking lighting, you'll love the look of the place. The bathroom was spacious, the shower /bath large with great water pressure. For an expensive tourist destination, the room rates were reasonable, but if you're looking for a cheaper place, you'll have to stay in Santa Rosa or Petaluma at the Super 8. There is a restaurant on the premises which I didn't eat at, but it was full of people.

Con's: the reception desk person who checked me in was not very friendly or warm. She seemed more concerned with my understanding the strict "no-smoking" policy than with making me feel welcome. The "inn" is really a quaint motel, but that's not really a drawback unless you're looking for a B&B. I notice a comment on here about noise. I had no problem with falling asleep; our room faced the parking lot, not the road. I wouldn't call the road the motel is on very busy. It's a connecting road between the two major arteries up the Sonoma Valley, which makes getting around the Valley very easy.

I would definitely return to this lodging.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot may be quieter than the ones facing Boyes Boulevard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JimSeth
Reviewed May 9, 2012

As others have stated, Sonoma Creek Inn is not really an Inn. I do give them credit for creating visual interest with the decor and layout. However, it is in one of the less attractive areas in Sonoma/Napa wine country. The room was modest in size, although the bathroom was more substantial. There are no special services that I would expect from an "Inn" in this area, such as wine and cheese in the PM, breakfast, or detailed advice on wineries and wine tasting. When I asked the woman who checked us in to recommend wineries to visit in the area, she gave us two for one coupons for wine tasting rooms in Sonoma (not wineries) and suggested a $99 per person day tour.

I might have been more happy if I hadn't paid as much as I did for the room. It was a little less expensive than some of the true Inns I looked into, but I wish I had spent the few dollars of additional money it would have cost to go to a location more fitting for wine country.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David R
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Two nights here were comfortable, clean and very enjoyable. Not your high end Sonoma vacation spot but a very quaint and reasonable place well located to enjoy the offerings of the area especially in Glen Ellen area! Enjoy the cafe around the corner except on Mondays when it is closed. we would definitely return

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple