“Great hidden gem”

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our first winery visit upon arriving to Sonoma. I had done some research and this place was recommended as a smaller boutique winery owned by two younger brothers with a great story. Also, the farming techniques they employ were fascinating to learn about. You definitely should call ahead as it's a small, very intimate set up. There is also a $25 a person tasting fee, which is well worth it for the quality of wine, the attentiveness of the staff, intimacy of the environment (ie not a cattle call of wine tasters) and the ambiance. Our party was seated at our own table, under a lit tree, overlooking the vineyard. We had a lovely young woman who sat with us, explained the wines and the story of the vineyard. After our 5-wine tasting, they let us hang out for another hour our so and we hung around to watch the sunset. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip, and a wonderful experience. The wines are very nice as well, particularly their pinot. I highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Juan L

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of my favorite wineries in Sonoma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was in Sonoma for my bachelorette party in August. Having been to the Napa/Sonoma area a few times, I knew Somoma would be a more laid- back option than Napa, considering the purpose of our trip. It's safe to say that NO ONE was thrilled to host a tasting for a bachelorette party, especially in wine country. Needless to say, working with Scribe was easy, and despite seeing 12 women arrive in a large van, they were beyond accommodating and patient with us.

We had a great time with our sommelier for the day (I think his name was Jake?), who mostly stood in awe at 12 women talking over one another the entire time. The setting was picturesque- I loved our picnic table and the overall laid-back atmosphere. We weren't made to felt like we should be paying attention the entire time. Instead,it was just a group of friends hanging out at a picnic table, enjoying the view. It's not your 'typical' wine tasting, but that's what I loved about it.

Scribe is a must-see if you're looking for a unique tasting experience in wine country.

Visited August 2013
west of Washington, DC
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“By far the best wine tasting experience in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The owner of a local winery in Virginia told us about Scribe as we were planning our trip out west - Outstanding concept in tasting! Very knowledgeable staff and no-rush atmosphere. Great wines didn't hurt, either! When you're here, take the time to walk through the "old" house - A lot of Napa history there...

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Nyr4
Fort Worth, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Picturesque setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited 5 wineries this past weekend and Scribe was my favorite hands down! It was small, intimate, DELICIOUS, well priced and the hospitality was superb. I joined their wine club and will be bringing my fiance and family back in the near future.

Visited July 2013
NC
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“What a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

After reading an article in the NY Times about the Winery I decided to visit when we were traveling in Sonoma. We made a appointment, which is necessary, and showed up at 11:00am. I never had their wine before but my favorite winery is right next store. It was quite cold but we decided to do our tasting out at the picnic table. They supplied me with a wonderful wool blanket and all was well. When you have a tasting you get one person that sits with you and discusses the wines, the winery and the history of this wonderful House on the property. It's very relaxing, fun and the wine is exceptional. If you are going to be in Sonoma, I would highly recommend going to Scripe for a very unusual wine tasting of some very wonderful wine.

Visited June 2013