“One of my favorite wineries in Sonoma”
Review of Scribe Winery

Scribe Winery
Ranked #29 of 112 things to do in Sonoma
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was in Sonoma for my bachelorette party in August. Having been to the Napa/Sonoma area a few times, I knew Somoma would be a more laid- back option than Napa, considering the purpose of our trip. It's safe to say that NO ONE was thrilled to host a tasting for a bachelorette party, especially in wine country. Needless to say, working with Scribe was easy, and despite seeing 12 women arrive in a large van, they were beyond accommodating and patient with us.

We had a great time with our sommelier for the day (I think his name was Jake?), who mostly stood in awe at 12 women talking over one another the entire time. The setting was picturesque- I loved our picnic table and the overall laid-back atmosphere. We weren't made to felt like we should be paying attention the entire time. Instead,it was just a group of friends hanging out at a picnic table, enjoying the view. It's not your 'typical' wine tasting, but that's what I loved about it.

Scribe is a must-see if you're looking for a unique tasting experience in wine country.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"winery"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The owner of a local winery in Virginia told us about Scribe as we were planning our trip out west - Outstanding concept in tasting! Very knowledgeable staff and no-rush atmosphere. Great wines didn't hurt, either! When you're here, take the time to walk through the "old" house - A lot of Napa history there...

2  Thank Nyr4
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited 5 wineries this past weekend and Scribe was my favorite hands down! It was small, intimate, DELICIOUS, well priced and the hospitality was superb. I joined their wine club and will be bringing my fiance and family back in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

After reading an article in the NY Times about the Winery I decided to visit when we were traveling in Sonoma. We made a appointment, which is necessary, and showed up at 11:00am. I never had their wine before but my favorite winery is right next store. It was quite cold but we decided to do our tasting out at the picnic table. They supplied me with a wonderful wool blanket and all was well. When you have a tasting you get one person that sits with you and discusses the wines, the winery and the history of this wonderful House on the property. It's very relaxing, fun and the wine is exceptional. If you are going to be in Sonoma, I would highly recommend going to Scripe for a very unusual wine tasting of some very wonderful wine.

1  Thank NCJustMe
See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Agree with other reviews, this is a must visit. I recommend an appt. My wife and I got there at 11 and spent an hour and a half or so, which worked out well to grab lunch at Fremont Diner. The host was very engaged and nice and we enjoyed her telling the history of the winery. Laid back vibe, we enjoyed taking our time and the wonderful views. Check out the old house/hacienda next door that they are restoring. Great places for photos, I've attached a few.

How's the wine ? Terrific. We're only in a couple wine clubs and loved Scribe enough to join their club! We're not huge white fans in general but their Estate Chard and especially the Riesling was a nice surprise. Definitely will return.