“Don't pass this up when going to wine country”
Review of El Pueblo Inn

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed August 20, 2014

After tons of research on wine country, I settled on El Pueblo Inn. It sits about a mile from the main plaza in Sonoma which might seem off putting, but a quick drive to the free parking in town is a breeze. As others have said, when you drive up, you might be unimpressed, but that first impression is misleading. We had a quick check-in, were directed to a nearby room which was very spacious, with a full sized sofa, and a recliner (when did you last get that in a room?). The room opened up to a patio fronting a tropical garden. The room was very comfortable with a spacious bathroom. A quick walk led to the pool and hot tub area. Free pool towels are available at the front desk, along with an endless supply of chocolate candy! The continental breakfast was very satisfying with pastries, quiche, fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea and juice. The price was very cheap by wine country standards, and we are really glad we stayed I Sonoma instead of the town of Napa. (If you go to the town, you will see what I mean.) I highly recommend this place. It is not a luxury resort if that's what you seek, but it is a fantastic value.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bobalcorn5

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at this inn with my husband at the end of July. The people at the front desk were very friendly and happy to make suggestions for restaurants and local attractions. So A+ for service.

But the room itself was very disappointing for the price. It was very dark which lent itself to feeling very old and tired, although it was clean. The air conditioning unit in the wall was noisy. We had stayed the previous night at the Intercontinental on the water in Monterey which was absolutely beautiful - for the same price we paid at El Pueblo! The difference in quality made it all the more disappointing.

That said, not sure there are any more reasonably priced hotels in that area. Next time, we'll research surrounding towns to see what's available.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newcanaandiner
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear travelplanner70,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor!

I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and understand your concerns with your room. About half of our property is an original, Adobe style built in the late 1950's and those rooms can be very dark (though also cozy!)

We are constantly updating the rooms, and currently remodeling those Adobe Room bathrooms. We strive to keep the rooms as updated and full of amenities as possible while still maintaining the original structure that was built by my husband's late grandfather.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My fiance and I have had stayed at el pueblo inn on two different occasions on trips to wine country. We love the location that offers both access to sonoma square and quick acess to highway 12 and all the wineries it has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug M
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Doug M.,

Thank you for your return business! We sincerely appreciate your choosing us for a second trip.
I'm so glad that we are in a convenient location for your visits to wine country.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Staying in Sanoma for a wedding. Great hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast. A tad far from the square, but short cab ride got me home last night. Defiantly would stay here again.very nice grounds, nice pool area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jack_WChicago

Hello Jack_WChicago and thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback!

I'm so glad that you were comfortable with us during your stay in Sonoma.
We'd love to host you again and hope that you are able to return to the wine country soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a room with nice sitting out area to the rear, surrounded by plants and fountain which masked road noise. Quite a walk to Sonoma centre, but bikes available. Friendly staff, could do with more space for breakfast. Recommend farmers mkt if you're in Sonoma on a wed eve.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

What an absolute gem! From the outside it is quietly subdued but once you get out of your car to start your experience you are taken care of in many ways.
The check in is friendly and professional,
with all the info you need for your stay.
The guest room looks newly refurbished with a very comfortable bed and high quality linen.
I was pleasantly surprised to find Chocolate biscotti included with my coffee service! They were delicious by the way!
The other amenities are of an exclusive spa standard. Luxurious lotion shampoos soap and bath wash.
The continentak breakfast, which was included, was beautifully presented in a clean an pleasant dining room.
It even included quiche.
I thoroughly recommended you give them a try.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Hello Sweetamd,

Thank you so very much for your kind review!

I am thrilled to hear how pleased you were with your stay at El Pueblo.
Thank you for your comments about our rooms and linens- and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return stay with us!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

When we drove up to the hotel, I had a lump in my throat because of the appearance of the hotel. But when we got to our room, I was pleasantly surprised by the Inn. From the outside, you think you will be staying at a rundown Motel 6 (nothing against Motel 6). When we got to our room, it had a wonderful king size bed and sitting area with a flat screen cable TV. The bathroom was updated and the room opened to a patio with a beautiful garden and fountain. The pool was heated and the hot tub was great after a long day of wine tasting. The hotel is located close to the town square and other attractions in the Sonoma area. The continental breakfast was a nice touch and I would not think twice about staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hello Mark_Zullo and thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our property.

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised that you likened our exterior to a "rundown Motel 6"
-that sounds awful! We are certainly a modest and comfortable, family friendly hotel- but we make every attempt to keep our exterior in pristine condition and our grounds are constantly updated with fresh plantings and tidy landscaping.

I am delighted that our rooms were well suited to your needs and comfortable for you during your stay.
We will surely be here when you return to Sonoma Valley and we look forward to hosting you again!

El Pueblo Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to El Pueblo Inn? Share your experiences!