“What's not to like?”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Third visit and it has been really enjoyable every time. Beef brisket/sausage platter and fried chicken/mac n' cheese plate were the items ordered this time. The sausage and the fried chicken were spicy and the server said they have an even spicier version of the fried chicken. Great food, alternative music and eclectic decor make for a unique experience. Weekends tend to be SRO though. Limited inside seating too.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Coffee fabulous. Milkshakes beyond good and the ham biscuit is the best! Ricotta Pancakes were amazing there is nothing on the menu I wouldn't eat! Good no Great Diner food quick service but laid back style and very friendly.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast after spending the early morning ballooning. It was mid week, so we did not have problems with crowds.

The menu was classic diner - nothing fancy. Well presented, and the service was very good.

I will keep this place in mind, and return when I am back in the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had read many reviews of this place and it sounded like just the type of spot I like. It was funky, with the gravel eating area, picnic tables and chickens wandering about. I felt a little out of it since I didn't bring a dog (I don't have one) but they were all well behaved. The wait staff was very pleasant and efficient, unlike some of the reviews I had read. The menu choices are small but we decided on the pork platter for my wife and the Nashville spicy chicken for me. My wife loved her meal but the chicken was dry and tasted like it had been dunked in Tabasco sauce. Not so much flavor as heat. The mac and cheese side dish was so bland it had no taste at all and very little flavor either. I was very disappointed and wished I had tried one of the other highly recommended restaurants in Sonoma. Oh, well. Next time.

1  Thank Donald S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

If you're in Sonoma, drop by this local institution and try the Hangtown Fry or the Black Pepper Brisket Hash for breakfast. The fried chicken came strongly recommended, but even the breakfast fried chicken offerings seemed too heavy for breakfast.