“This is a diner”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Let's be clear about this - this is a diner in the really traditional sense. "Comfort food" galore,. served by a very busy but remarkably friendly server, benches, and some of the best basics NOT on hour doctor's heart health list. If you sense I went off the low fat wagon you are right. There is however, something for all diets an some nice beers on tap. Just be forewarned that if you taste even one onion ring you are sunk. Milk shakes are really hand made right in from of you if you are at the bar. You would leave feeling that you stumbled on to one of the best quality bargains in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you like the kind of food featured on TV shows like "Diners, Drive Ins, & Dives" then this is the perfect restaurant for you. Mouth watering, southern style, soul food combines with a fun, kitchy atmosphere to make this a top restaurant in my eyes. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles. The chicken was juicy and full of flavor and the waffle came with bacon and cheese cooked into it. It reminded me of some of the food I had growing up in the south. My girlfriend got the pulled pork sandwich, which was just as good. We both got some homemade milkshakes, which were some of the best that I've ever had. There were a ton of other things on the menu that I wanted to try, but alas. My stomach only had so much room. If you're passing through the Sonoma/Napa area, take a break from all of the wine tasting to fill your belly on some amazing, down home grub.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Old School diner. Great quality of food and plenty of it. Have the hash and eggs and the bisquits are more than legit.
The service is slow, but friendly!
The fried chicken looks incredible! We will be back

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We arrived too late for lunch and almost left, but decided to go with the 3:00-5:00 PM happy hour snack menu. That turned out to be the right decision. The snack menu is small, but what they do have - at least what we ate - was very good. The gumbo in a coffee cup is filling and gets a little spicier as you near the bottom of the cup. The nachos are better than most I've had. Be sure to try the brussel sprouts.

We want to go back for the fried chicken! Great place before or after your wine tastings in the area.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Off the beaten path but very much worth the effort to find! I had the egg breakfast. The bacon might just be the best I've ever had. The coffee is served in a French press also very good. My husband had the biscuits and gravy. The gravy was a strange color but he enjoyed it.