Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Sonoma
from $99.00
from $99.00
from $139.00
from $139.00
More Info
All reviews driver paul catered lunch girl and the fig our tour guide buena vista would highly recommend this tour great tour great fun a lot of fun picnic lunch his knowledge laid back sonoma valley leif mayo imagery tasting
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our driver, Leif, was knowledgable of the area and wine country/history in general. The four wineries we visited were each unique. The lunch catered by the girl and the fig was delicious! The only downside was that the trolley apparently needed a brake job, so we rode on a bus all day. That was disappointing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was skeptical of these types of tourist trap tours but my wife took the initiative in booking this and I didn't so I went along and am very happy I did so! After going on the trolley, I don't know how else you would go see numerous vineyards on your own...maybe pay Uber or Lyft all day?? Sound expensive! Seriously nobody wants to go to all of these vineyards and watch what you drink because you have to drive. For $100 each, we got a driver for 6 hours, lunch from an excellent restaurant, met many new friends, and basically a guided tour. David, our guide was awesome and told us the history of everything and he his customer service was impeccable. My advice would be to do what you want by the 3rd or 4th stop. It may feel like you need to follow the group in to do a tasting, but nobody is forcing you to, so feel free just to shop, by a bottle and sit rather than join the group tasting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’m aware the website says in multiple places that you cannot complain if a trolley breaks down and you end up on a bus, so this must happen a lot and it’s what happened to us. The air conditioning didn’t really work, the microphone was screechy and terrible. I would’ve had a better time taking Uber’s to wineries. Our tour guide was doing his best and we appreciated that but he also seemed frustrated. If it weren’t for the lunch provided I’d probably be demanding my money back. The wineries were good hosts which saved this from being a total bust.

1  Thank Companion735833
Mark L, General Manager at Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you or you're review. I am terribly sorry that we had to have you placed on a bus. I am the last person that wants that to happen. And while we do say that because of things out of our control, we may have to switch to a bus but that doesn't mean you dont have to complain. In fact if you call me I would be happy to listen and see if I can offe you a return visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great wine, beautiful wineries, and made some friends along the way! The trolley had some mechanical issues but he company switched it out midway so all good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Highly recommend the tour. Time flew. The shuttle ride to the three wineries was self-entertaining by everyone on board (about 25 people). We were all singing. The driver was really cool. Two of the wineries provided their own trolley—pulled by a tractor—to tour of their operations. The third stop was more instructive about different wines, how to smell and taste. The scenery is very beautiful. Learned a lot about different processes for growing. More important, it was a really fun time for our party of six (ages 21 to 55) and everybody we got to meet.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark L, General Manager at Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review and so glad your experience was delightful.