“Awesome Little Place”

Ranked #42 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on West Napa Street just west of the historic Sonoma Square, Community Café offers home-style wine country cuisine, featuring fresh and delicious breakfast & lunch dishes in a warm and welcoming community atmosphere. At Community Café we use quality ingredients, organics where possible, and support many local farms & producers. We believe in giving back to the neighborhood in which our customers and employees live and work, for more info please visit our community page.Community Café is located at 875 West Napa Street in Sonoma, CA, serves breakfast and lunch daily from 7am to 2pm and offers private dinners, private event space and on and off site catering services. We are the perfect spot for casual birthday or anniversary celebrations, rehearsal dinners, day after brunches or any other reason to celebrate.
Birmingham, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Little Place”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped here on my way out of town because I had ridden my bicycle and driven past it several times in the past few days and I was intrigued by the name.

The cafe is cute, with warm, inviting decor, clever signs, and art on the walls. The staff is quite friendly, and fast. I had a single latte and a scone, and both food and drink were excellent.

I only wish I wasn't in a rush to leave, else I would have surely enjoyed a full breakfast there. There appeared to be both indoor and outdoor seating.

• Visited March 2013
ccsonoma, Owner at Community Cafe, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks so much for the review! Hope we see you back sometime in the future!

Sonoma, California
“Great place for a cup of coffee or sitting down with friends”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice, spacious, homey & comfortable. Great unique food dishes & peaceful enough to carry on a nice conversation, without people sitting back to back in a crowded, small space (like many other coffee places). The owner is wonderful & gives back to the community of Sonoma in many ways.

Visited January 2013
Hi Kosborn!

Thanks so mush for you review, we really appreciate it! Trip Advisor has been a good thing for u, thanks again for contributing!

California
“Great Bacon - Slow Service on a weekday”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and other sites for breakfast on a Monday. We were the 4th group in line to order(all were less than 4 people) and it took 10+ minutes to get the the register to place our order.

They seemed to be properly staffed (2 cooks, 2 hostesses and table clearing person) but only one register was open. The other hostess who was running around finally opened the other register when the line started to go out the door.

Classic Joe's Scramble was okay. Onions should have been caramelized not served half cooked. The Pumpkin Chai pancakes and coconut syrup were very good. The Bacon was thick and crisp. I think if I came back I would just order bacon and eggs.

If the service had been more attentive and prompt I would have given them a higher rating but because of the slow ordering process and slow food delivery they are average. This is one of many diners for breakfast in Sonoma. You may want to explore others.

Hi Cubanoca,

Thanks for coming in and your review! We are sorry you felt we were too slow! We try not to push people through the line too fast as then it just bogs down the cooking line, which (unfortunately) we can't expand. We hope we see you back in Sonoma in the future. You can always call ahead and find out what the line is like!
“Great generous breakfast, dishers out of the ordinary”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ate here twice. Very good both times. The french toast is made out of what seems to be cinnamon rolls. I thought it was going to be too sweet but it is not. It comes with a maple butter syrup that is wonderful.

Also had the southwest breakfast sandwich - also very good - has a green chili (not spicy) in it, a nice touch. Sweet potato fries are crips and a good compliment with the chipole ketchup (not spicy). They will serve regular ketchup.

Coffee is to die for, probably the best I had in Sonoma.

Atmosphere is cute for a little breakfast/lunch place; it reminds me of a college town. It's not fancy but it's not meant to be, either.

Hi Clubnev!

Thanks so much for coming in (twice!). We are so pleased you were happy and liked the food, we love making it! We hope we see you back in Sonoma in the near future...

orinda, california
“Great breakfast, fast friendly service!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

After reading a lot of reviews about how good the food is here, I expected that, but what I didn't expect was the fast, friendly service and easy seating. At prime time on a Saturday morning, we ordered quickly at the counter, sat down and then got our food in record time. Breakfast burrito was fantastic! My husband ordered boring, but his eggs and sausage were good quality and well-prepared and the home fries were exceptional, especially with the large selection of hot sauces. There are a lot of really interesting things on the menu I'd like to try on future visits, if I can stop dreaming about that burrito!

Margie B, Owner at Community Cafe, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for coming in and for your review! We are so glad you liked the place and enjoyed your breakfast. We love the burrito too! We hope you come back and try more of our unique menu items in the near future.